UMKC Berry Hinson

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

UMKC Berry Hinson

Postby MOST » March 18th, 2019, 1:26 pm

UMKC fired MBB coach Kareem Richardson. UMKC a former municipal university, joined the U MO system 20 ??? or so years ago. Tough place to win--to recruit. Have to compete for recruits with MIZZOU, KU, K State, a little by MO State, and a slew of very good/top D2 and NAIA teams, and also recruited heavily by several top JUCOs, or JUCOs nearby for recruiting transfers to D1. Probably 80 very good high school BB program in KC area (MO and KS).

I thought Richardson a would do well at UMKC. I long time thought UMKC could/should be the number 2 or 3 D1 BB team in MO. Play home games downtown in historic Municipal Auditorium. Would probably help the program attendanc if they had an on campus arena to draw the students. But a tough place to recruit, play and win. Best wishes to Coach Richardson. A good coach and he should wind up coaching at a good school.

IF Berry Hinson does not get elected governor in Oklahoma, UMKC may be a good place for him. A ton of experience and should know recruiting in the KC area, an assistant at KU between MO state and SIU jobs.
MOST
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

UMKC Berry Hinson

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: UMKC Berry Hinson

Postby indymoon » March 18th, 2019, 4:23 pm

UMKC sounds a lot like IUPUI, who are headed to CIT. But I don’t think UMKC is competing with those P6 schools for recruits although the others mentioned (D2and NAIA and MVC schools) are likely.

Kareem is a former Aces player and assistant.
indymoon
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 18th, 2019, 4:44 pm

UMKC switched to Swinney Gymnasium on campus this winter. 3rd smallest D1 gym. Part of the sport was lost when the Kangaroos vacated Municipal Auditorium IMO.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MOST » March 18th, 2019, 5:38 pm

indymoon wrote:UMKC sounds a lot like IUPUI, who are headed to CIT. But I don’t think UMKC is competing with those P6 schools for recruits although the others mentioned (D2and NAIA and MVC schools) are likely.

Never meant to say UMKC competing with P6 schools for recruit---yet those schools come into KC and siphon off the best players. MO State does not recruit KC very heavy--a shame-- but that's a long argument with a few Bear hard cases. But, I do think Barry would be good fit for UMKC.

UMKC should never have left the Summit for the WAC---bad move. Should apply for joining the Summit as they change coaches. UMKC would be a good add for an I-29 conference (4 Dakota schools, U NEB Omaha, ORU, plus maybe Northern Colorado.
MOST
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MOST » March 18th, 2019, 5:44 pm

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:UMKC switched to Swinney Gymnasium on campus this winter. 3rd smallest D1 gym. Part of the sport was lost when the Kangaroos vacated Municipal Auditorium IMO.

Swinney is a recreation center. If UMKC want to be a D1 BB school they need to build a BB specific arena. Would not have to be big---maybe 3500-4000 seats. I think that is about the capacity of other Summit teams.
MOST
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MSUDuo » March 18th, 2019, 6:50 pm

Who the heck is Berry Hinson?
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Re: UMKC Barry Hinson

Postby MOST » March 19th, 2019, 7:46 am

Barry not Berry. My mistake!

Can always expect a MO State dude to be trolling me!
MOST
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Re: UMKC Barry Hinson

Postby Sir Sci » March 19th, 2019, 8:42 am

MOST wrote:Barry not Berry. My mistake!

Can always expect a MO State dude to be trolling me!

Naw, I think Berry Hinson would make a great hire at UMKC.
Sir Sci
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BearsCountry » March 19th, 2019, 9:49 am

MOST wrote:
indymoon wrote:UMKC sounds a lot like IUPUI, who are headed to CIT. But I don’t think UMKC is competing with those P6 schools for recruits although the others mentioned (D2and NAIA and MVC schools) are likely.

MO State does not recruit KC very heavy--a shame-- but that's a long argument with a few Bear hard cases.

Your a moron no matter how many times we tell you that we do.
BearsCountry
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MOST » March 19th, 2019, 9:56 am

[/quote]

Your a moron no matter how many times we tell you that we do.[/quote]

Note, another MO State ass trolling. And they called me a troll! Notice his use of the word "your". Another product of a hill billy education!

Give it up dudes. You are not as smart or as good looking as me.

Nuff said.
MOST
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball