Echenique

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Echenique

Postby Snaggletooth » August 17th, 2010, 9:41 pm

No. But I have not stayed at a holiday-inn express for several months now so I could be wrong.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Knapp Knasty » August 18th, 2010, 7:33 am

Snaggletooth wrote:No. But I have not stayed at a holiday-inn express for several months now so I could be wrong.

Lol. Nice. So he can starting playing when the fall semester ends or when school starts up for spring? I guess I don't know how that works.
Knapp Knasty
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby MVCfans » August 18th, 2010, 7:35 am

Knapp Knasty wrote:Lol. Nice. So he can starting playing when the fall semester ends or when school starts up for spring? I guess I don't know how that works.

In situations like this, I believe he is eligible after the first semester ends. I do not know if he can participate in pre-season exhibition games, however.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby RoyalShock » August 18th, 2010, 11:27 am

Since he's not eligible, he can't play in the exhibitions. His eligibility begins after the last day of the fall semester.

Does the name "Echenique" sound to anyone else like a line of female beauty products? I think I shall heretofore refer to him as "Shampoo". :P
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby jayball » August 18th, 2010, 12:32 pm

We are definitely hoping he has the Stutz to wash your Blair and get the Durley out.
jayball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Little Eddie » August 18th, 2010, 2:08 pm

This is my first time using my moderating powers...one more corny response like that and I may have to ban you or something. :)
Little Eddie
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby jayball » August 18th, 2010, 2:26 pm

Try the veal!!!!
jayball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MVCfans » August 26th, 2010, 8:22 am

From SI.com on top transfers.

Greg Echenique, Creighton

The Missouri Valley is in for a rude awakening in December when the former Big East beast becomes eligible. Echenique came to Omaha to play for Dana Altman, but he'll suit up instead for Greg McDermott after Altman left to take the Oregon job. Echenique had three double-doubles in his seven games at Rutgers last season after averaging 8.4 rebounds a game as a freshman. His arrival is a nice boost for the Bluejays, who only have one returning player who averaged more than 7.5 points per game. Echenique was granted a medical waiver after recovering from an eye injury that curtailed his sophomore season and he will have 2.5 seasons of eligibility left.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... z0pndx6VRb
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Jaybacker » August 27th, 2010, 6:09 pm

This is one area where I think McDermott may be an improvement over Dana. Dana was never really much of a big man coach, but was a tremendous guard/wing coach. Big Mac seems to be a better big man developer and does a better job game planning for bigs.
Jaybacker
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby Snapshot9 » August 28th, 2010, 5:55 pm

I think your right, Mac is better at coaching big men than Dana was, but I just don't know how Mac wil fit in at Creighton. His style is remarketedly different than Altman. And before you get too excited about this big man, remember he came from Rutgers, not exactly a basketball powerhouse.
Snapshot9
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball