New Episode of The March to the Arch Podcast

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby MarchArchPod » November 1st, 2019, 6:41 pm

New episode of the podcast. We talk about the first week of games and give our thoughts on what our expectations around the league are for the opening week. We also finish our breakdown of the MVC exhibition games. Fun show as always, check it out.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-march-to-the-arch-podcast/id1478136026#episodeGuid=5964ff2f-2ba6-e880-0122-796c01dd35d4
MarchArchPod
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: New Episode of The March to the Arch Podcast

Postby MarchArchPod » November 8th, 2019, 8:08 am

Great new episode of the show, talking all the MVC news, first nights of games and our look ahead to next week. Fun show as always, check it out. Also, love to get all of your feedback on the show.

Twitter @MarchArchPod
Twitter @MarchArchBaker
Email MarchArchMailbag@gmail.com

Thanks to everyone for listening, we appreciate it!

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-march-to-the-arch-podcast/id1478136026#episodeGuid=232251d4-ff69-d37e-1bf8-cc737c7970da
MarchArchPod
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » November 9th, 2019, 12:51 am

Re-Deep In The Valley (fav segment). Cincinnati had those Final 4’s, NCG’s, & National Titles in the Valley. But their quest for a 3-peat was thwarted by...Loyola! (DVD occasionally sold at Gentile)

Bummer ISUr ended the kids shootaround after games. That level of accessibility is what gives programs that special family feel like Clemson football. Can’t put a price on indoctrinating youth.

Cupholder-gate sounds like ISU got salesman’d. United Center opened with problematic cupholders and Comiskey 2.0 had the Jerry Reinsdorf vanity project of painting all seats Brooklyn Dodger Blue. In both cases, everything was redone. Redbird Arena’s cupholders will probably see the same fate.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby sivert » November 10th, 2019, 6:24 pm

You didn’t have much to say about UNI-ODU.
23 freshman minutes. Career and Betz looked really good.
Phyfe is playing well after a year off.
Offense is certainly worth commenting on.
Watch the next game before the podcast...
Go Panthers!!
sivert
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MarchArchPod » November 11th, 2019, 11:42 am

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Re-Deep In The Valley (fav segment). Cincinnati had those Final 4’s, NCG’s, & National Titles in the Valley. But their quest for a 3-peat was thwarted by...Loyola! (DVD occasionally sold at Gentile)

Bummer ISUr ended the kids shootaround after games. That level of accessibility is what gives programs that special family feel like Clemson football. Can’t put a price on indoctrinating youth.

Cupholder-gate sounds like ISU got salesman’d. United Center opened with problematic cupholders and Comiskey 2.0 had the Jerry Reinsdorf vanity project of painting all seats Brooklyn Dodger Blue. In both cases, everything was redone. Redbird Arena’s cupholders will probably see the same fate.

Cupholder-Gate.....I love that and do intend to steal that from you. Thanks for listening!
MarchArchPod
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MarchArchPod » November 11th, 2019, 11:47 am

sivert wrote:You didn’t have much to say about UNI-ODU.

No doubt, Vance and I have really been lighter on our coverage of the Iowa teams, just based on scheduling and what games we have our eyes on. Honestly, would have loved to dive deeper, but we have a lot of UNI fans listening, and the last thing I want to do is to draw a conclusion on a game that I haven't seen. I only was able to catch the final few minutes vs ODU. Looking forward to catching the Bulldogs tonight against Cincinnati, and the Panthers against Bakersfield. Great to see UNI starting strong, and thanks for the info and for listening.
MarchArchPod
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby sivert » November 11th, 2019, 2:32 pm

MarchArchPod wrote:
sivert wrote:You didn’t have much to say about UNI-ODU.

No doubt, Vance and I have really been lighter on our coverage of the Iowa teams, just based on scheduling and what games we have our eyes on. Honestly, would have loved to dive deeper, but we have a lot of UNI fans listening, and the last thing I want to do is to draw a conclusion on a game that I haven't seen. I only was able to catch the final few minutes vs ODU. Looking forward to catching the Bulldogs tonight against Cincinnati, and the Panthers against Bakersfield. Great to see UNI starting strong, and thanks for the info and for listening.

Right - It would be pretty daunting to be in your shoes and be ready to give meaningful comments on 20 games each week.
Go Panthers!!
sivert
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » November 12th, 2019, 8:05 pm

Let it be known Baker predicted Evansville top 3 and put out “Go out and beat Kentucky” into the universe back in September.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MarchArchPod » November 12th, 2019, 9:42 pm

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Let it be known Baker predicted Evansville top 3 and put out “Go out and beat Kentucky” into the universe back in September.

Haha, you darn right I did! Great win, and I’m glad they are making me look like I know what I’m talking about.

-Baker
MarchArchPod
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MarchArchPod » November 14th, 2019, 10:02 pm

New Episode of the show is now up. Talk about the big Evansville win, as well as all the action so far this year. We are also joined by Harry Schroeder from ValleyHoopsInsider.com to talk everything from Valpo/Fazekas, Valley season preview and Conference Realignment.

Fun Show as always, check it out!

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-march-to-the-arch-podcast/id1478136026#episodeGuid=35341f5e-c099-596f-03ac-3ab41354c4ab
MarchArchPod
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball