Drake @ Wichita State

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Drake @ Wichita State

Postby SirShoxAlot » January 3rd, 2011, 12:06 pm

I don't know enough about Drake to comment on them, but I know they're bad. Koch Arena adds about 10 points to the Shockers' score, which will be too much for the Bulldogs to overcome. Wichita State has been dominating everyone they've been playing since the SDSU loss and I don't see it stopping tomorrow night.

Here ya go, baller.

Drake 46
Wichita State 73
SirShoxAlot
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Drake @ Wichita State

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Drake @ Wichita State

Postby WuDrWu » January 3rd, 2011, 12:41 pm

I don't think they are bad at all. I do think they are inconsistent and poorly coached, but I believe they are a dangerous team that could get hot and beat just about anyone (in the Valley). They have talent to beat you, unlike Evansville where you have to ignore your own preparation and just not play hard to get beat by them.

I think WSU wins, but I won't be surprised if it's a battle to the end. I am very much looking forward to watching Mr. Rice in person.
Last edited by WuDrWu on January 3rd, 2011, 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE VALLEY RULES! GO VALLEY!
WuDrWu
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby musiccitybulldog » January 3rd, 2011, 2:36 pm

WSU 204 Drake 36. I hope my karma pick doesn't turn out to be accurate!

I think WuDrWu is right on the money about the Bulldogs. They are teetering on finding themselves.
If they are hitting a good 3 pt percentage, they can win. Wichita has always been a really tough place to win and it is about at the peak of home crowd toughness, that I have witnessed over the years.
I hope you do get to see Rice have an excellent performance.
It seems to me the Bulldogs do better when they play faster and run ...but against this years Shockers...I hope they can score/play good defense and keep it close. Here is to a great game. :Cheers:
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » January 3rd, 2011, 6:15 pm

It seems to me the Bulldogs do better when they play faster and run

Oh, please...let DU try that.

So far the biggest excitement we've had at CKA this year has been on dunks and stuffs. The crowd got going a bit when UE closed to within 9 shortly after the half.

The crowd experience is a lot of the attraction of CKA. (I thought that was largely missing at the downtown arena.) I'm not expecting the crowd to get excited about the score and outcome of the game. if DU wants to run, there will be plenty to get excited about. First to 90 wins (that's only if DU wants to run.)
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby iSASO » January 3rd, 2011, 10:16 pm

Who are the top two scorers off the bench for the Dogs and what are their numbers?
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WSUbballer » January 3rd, 2011, 10:23 pm

Oh, how I miss the days of DawgTired and McBulldog runnin' wild in a DU-WSU thread.
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » January 3rd, 2011, 10:36 pm

iSASO wrote:Who are the top two scorers off the bench for the Dogs and what are their numbers?

http://www.mvc.org/mbb/stats/DU.HTM

Scroll down a bit and you will see DU has 10 guys averaging 15 - 30 minutes a game. Only 4 have 20 or more minutes per game. It's hard to tell who the starters are and who the bench players are.

Ryan Wedel can shoot, but WSU's guards, who love going to the hoop, are probably a bit (or possibly a lot) quicker. I still can't see that guy as a D1 player. I guess I'll have another chance for him to convince me in person.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Little Eddie » January 4th, 2011, 7:56 am

WuDrWu wrote:I don't think they are bad at all. I do think they are inconsistent and poorly coached, but I believe they are a dangerous team that could get hot and beat just about anyone (in the Valley). They have talent to beat you, unlike Evansville where you have to ignore your own preparation and just not play hard to get beat by them.

I think WSU wins, but I won't be surprised if it's a battle to the end. I am very much looking forward to watching Mr. Rice in person.

Rice is a physical specimen for sure...my thought about his play at CU was that he needs to be able to finish...he had some good drives but came up empty quite a bit. I think he'll be good but inconsistent this year...he had his bad game against CU so maybe he'll find his shot in this one?

My guess is WSU by 14...72-58?
Little Eddie
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby iSASO » January 4th, 2011, 8:30 am

Please, o please Drake...don't throw a zone defense at the Shockers.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shock-it-to-me » January 4th, 2011, 9:59 am

iSASO wrote:Please, o please Drake...don't throw a zone defense at the Shockers.

Coach Marshall said on his radio show last night that Drake is currenlty running 95% man to man these days.
shock-it-to-me
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball