Appreciate the consideration

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby UTArlingtonMaverick » January 23rd, 2022, 3:12 pm

As a UTA fan, I simply want to say "thank you" fan-to-fan for the consideration your conference gave to admitting UT Arlington. In particular thank you to BCPanther (and others) for being a strong advocate for a period of time. You were right-on with everything you wrote.

I was rooting for this to happen, as I think it would have elevated our recruiting. Also the MVC is full of solid, reputable universities with whom it would have been good to associate. I was looking forward to visiting your beautiful campuses. However, I understand the decision and see the appeal of staying within your current footprint.

Even so, there were definite pros and cons even from our perspective, and I am pretty happy with the WAC. The WAC does not give us institutional peers, but I don't think that really matters a lot at this level. We can actually travel easily to away games and develop and renew rivalries with universities that our fans have heard of.

Anyway, nothing is permanent in conference alignment, as we all know. Panther, I'd like to see UTA and Northern Iowa renew our recent 2-game series (which we split, btw). It was fun to see you at College Park Center.

UTArlingtonMaverick
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball