Missouri St at Wichita St - Sunday 7:30pm ESPNU

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby MVCfans » January 7th, 2011, 9:39 pm

Never too early to look forward to this game as the only two teams with 4-0 conference records battle in Wichita on Sunday night.

From ESPN:

Missouri State at Wichita State (ESPNU, 8:30 p.m. ET): Wichita State has a chance to show the Bears who should be the favorite in the race. The joint should be jumping for this marquee Missouri Valley matchup. The Shockers will want to turn up the tempo from the opening tip. If they do, Missouri State will have a hard time catching up.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Missouri St at Wichita St - Sunday 7:30pm ESPNU

Postby iSASO » January 7th, 2011, 9:42 pm

ESPN doesn't think MSU has the athletes to keep up with WSU? psshaww!
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MVCfans » January 7th, 2011, 9:43 pm

From Andy Katz:

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in a hoop-junkie game in the Missouri Valley. Missouri State goes to Wichita State Sunday night to test its league-title credentials. Wichita State had the preseason buzz and with good reason. The Shockers were the most experienced and talented team in the Valley. But Missouri State has done enough in nonconference play to be considered a possible Valley title team. Winning in Wichita would certainly indicate that Missouri State is ready to be a favorite.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/notebook/_/page/ ... an-7-jan-9
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Hockeysticks » January 7th, 2011, 10:03 pm

I can't wait for this game. This will get MoState some deserved national recognition....because they are winning this game.
Hockeysticks
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby valleychamp » January 7th, 2011, 10:04 pm

Huge game. Not really a must win for MSU since they already have a couple of good road wins, but if they can steal another one here they would be in great shape.

I don't think wichita will lose this one at home though.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TNMSUFAN » January 7th, 2011, 10:18 pm

Wichita's 2nd 5 would beat our starters so we are just going to show up and see what happens
TNMSUFAN
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Shockerfan13 » January 7th, 2011, 10:36 pm

TNMSUFAN wrote:Wichita's 2nd 5 would beat our starters so we are just going to show up and see what happens

I am sure you were being sarcastic. However, the 2nd 5 has been better than our starters for the most part recently. So in a way it will probably be the 2nd 5 that will need to beat your starters for the Shox to win. Gonna be a fun one. Just too bad Missouri St will have to go home disappointed.... :twisted:
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WSUbballer » January 7th, 2011, 10:40 pm

[quote="Hockeysticks"]I can't wait for this game. This will get MoState some deserved national recognition....because they are winning this game.[/quote]

I feel confident with this prediction as you accurately predicted a 2 point Evansville win tonight in Springfield.
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby iSASO » January 7th, 2011, 10:43 pm

Weems just might break Oscar Robertson's arena record of 50 points, playing in his home state.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Hockeysticks » January 7th, 2011, 10:52 pm

I was saying that with a little bit of toungue in cheek lol. I didn't really think the aces had a chance, just was very worried they would have their eyes on the shocks, which they did in the first half. But I do stand by this prediction. Month state will come in your house and win. And I'm not even a Month State fan really, I just think their offense is too much to handle, they have 4 or 5 guys that can put 18 on you on any given night.
Hockeysticks
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball