Missouri St at Wichita St - Sunday 7:30pm ESPNU

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Missouri St at Wichita St - Sunday 7:30pm ESPNU

Postby ictjay » January 10th, 2011, 11:35 am

iSASO wrote:According to bigdawg, no one cares about Shocker basketball. Is there such a place on the internet for Shocker fans? Nevermind, I'm sure there aren't more than 2-3 posters.

You'll feel better after the game Wednesday. CU doesn't have the horses to hang 40 minutes. WSU has too many weapons. The streak will end.
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby valleychamp » January 10th, 2011, 11:35 am

isaso is an embarrassment to all wichita state fans.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby RoyalShock » January 10th, 2011, 11:43 am

Yes, people left with :33 seconds to go. My guess on how many? Fewer than 100. And given the weather and street conditions, I'll give them a pass.

As for Marshall's comments of poor coaching, he also said on the post-game radio interview that he needs to figure out how to coach more made layups and open jumpers. So his tongue was firmly planted in his cheek.

IMO, the poor coaching was due to not having the right personnel in during the last two minutes.

And until the coach (or any coach) has reviewed film, take some of their analysis with a grain of salt. MSU was getting us out of our offense all night. So I find it entirely plausible that they broke up whatever we were trying to do coming out of the timeouts.
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby bigdawg » January 10th, 2011, 11:47 am

Thank God that Royal is the shocker fan voice of reason.
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ictjay » January 10th, 2011, 11:48 am

RoyalShock wrote:Yes, people left with :33 seconds to go. My guess on how many? Fewer than 100. And given the weather and street conditions, I'll give them a pass.

As for Marshall's comments of poor coaching, he also said on the post-game radio interview that he needs to figure out how to coach more made layups and open jumpers. So his tongue was firmly planted in his cheek.

IMO, the poor coaching was due to not having the right personnel in during the last two minutes.

And until the coach (or any coach) has reviewed film, take some of their analysis with a grain of salt. MSU was getting us out of our offense all night. So I find it entirely plausible that they broke up whatever we were trying to do coming out of the timeouts.

I was impressed with Martin's decisions all night. Especially coming out of timeouts.
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Smooth007 » January 10th, 2011, 11:58 am

Overall, last night was a very fun game. The crowd was great. I only saw maybe 100 or so heading for the isle at 33 seconds. Usually those people wait in the entrance part until the game is final to have a jump on the rest to their cars. Some factors last night IMO,
1)Toure still is stuggling at the PG position.
2)Wow, we were really bad at FT's. Not only is the percentage bad but we missed 3 or 4 front ends of 1 and 1's.
3) Missouri St. seemed to get tired at the end of the game. They only had 1 fg in the last 11 minutes or so and still won. Credit them for pulling it out.
4)Both teams played good to great defense and there were few easy baskets.
5)MSU run for 10 minutes was just slightly better than WSU's run for 8 minutes. The rest of the game was even.
6) HCGM didn't bring his team prepared. The last minute was as disorganized as I have seen the shox in many years at home.
Smooth007
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby cpacmel » January 10th, 2011, 1:30 pm

RoyalShock wrote:Yes, people left with :33 seconds to go. My guess on how many? Fewer than 100. And given the weather and street conditions, I'll give them a pass.

It absolutely cracks me up that 2-3 minutes is really going to make a difference in the weather and street conditions. :lol:

Very good game by both teams. Martin has Mo State playing great.

Should be a great re-match on SR night in Springfield.
cpacmel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby RoyalShock » January 10th, 2011, 1:32 pm

When the roads are slick, I wouldn't mind having a 2-3 minute head-start. The fewer cars sharing MY road, the better! ;)
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby blueblood » January 10th, 2011, 1:44 pm

When I am at a CU game, 2 minutes is huge. It can be the difference between me getting home at 9:30 and after 10. It was a Sunday night, maybe you have a real busy Monday, and you thought the game was over. I would have stayed but I get it. Who was the blogger or twitterer calling them out?
blueblood
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby bigdawg » January 10th, 2011, 2:12 pm

blueblood wrote:When I am at a CU game, 2 minutes is huge. It can be the difference between me getting home at 9:30 and after 10. It was a Sunday night, maybe you have a real busy Monday, and you thought the game was over. I would have stayed but I get it. Who was the blogger or twitterer calling them out?

Below is a copy of the Shockers media guy's blog entries.

MSU 59, WSU 56 – Final. WSU wa

Same score. 2.7 seconds to play. MSU ball after a WSU turnover. Two great defensive possessions by the Bears.

MSU 58, WSU 56 (12.5) - WSU timeout. Ricks made one of two free throws to give the Shockers a chance to tie or win.

MSU 57, WSU 56 (33.1) – Horrid possession by WSU ends with Murry forcing a three. MSU ball. Always amazing to see people leave at this point in a game. What’s the rush? Do people block out 120 minutes – and not one more – for this game?

MSU 57, WSU 56 (52.2) - Shocker ball.

MSU 56, WSU 54 (2:26) - Did the Shockers expend too much energy rallying? For the first time, they look a little gassed. MSU is more tired, but time is slightly on their side.

Read more: http://blogs.kansas.com/shockwaves/#ixzz1AfITvBPo
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball