Time for SIU to make a coaching change

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby dean_siu » March 10th, 2022, 9:50 pm

The Mullins experiment has obviously not worked and the area needs this team to return to greatness. With Bruce Weber being out at Kansas State now, the opportunity exists for a Chris Lowery return. Since Mario Moccia is no longer at the university, I thing a strong apology and an offer of a 5 year deal at about $1.4 million per season could get him back in Carbondale. Let's make it happen and return the Salukis to the dominating team in the MVC once again!
dean_siu
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Time for SIU to make a coaching change

Postby oldlowerydays » March 10th, 2022, 10:16 pm

I, too, deeply miss the golden age of Saluki basketball privileged to us by Chris Lowery. His senseless firing by a tyrannical Mario Moccia and power hungry Rita Cheng set SIU back a decade. Lowery led K-State to a historic 2 Big XII titles and Sweet 16, and once Weber got too big for his britches and quit consulting Lowery, the K-State program went on a downward spiral.

It's time for Mullins to do the honorable thing: resign and assume the assistant's role under his real coach as we restore the glory of the old Lowery days.
oldlowerydays
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby oldlowerydays » March 10th, 2022, 10:25 pm

dean_siu wrote:The Mullins experiment has obviously not worked and the area needs this team to return to greatness. With Bruce Weber being out at Kansas State now, the opportunity exists for a Chris Lowery return. Since Mario Moccia is no longer at the university, I thing a strong apology and an offer of a 5 year deal at about $1.4 million per season could get him back in Carbondale. Let's make it happen and return the Salukis to the dominating team in the MVC once again!

It is nice to hear from you, dean. IIRC, you redirected your donations to K-State after Lowery landed there. I like your suggestion to lure Lowery with $1.4 million. If you're going to be Gonzaga, you have to pay Gonzaga money.

Man, if Bryan could let Lowery take over and learn from him until Lowery retires, the Salukis would capture the MVC championship year after year! :rock:
oldlowerydays
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby squirrel » March 11th, 2022, 12:45 am

Welcome to alum coach hell. Co-signed Bradley, ISU. Co-co-signed Randy "At Least I didn't get extended" Smithson.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby GoSIU88 » March 11th, 2022, 8:15 am

oh lawt ham mercy :o
GoSIU88
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Birdfan2018 » March 11th, 2022, 9:37 am

squirrel wrote:Welcome to alum coach hell. Co-signed Bradley, ISU. Co-co-signed Randy "At Least I didn't get extended" Smithson.

Walter McCarty Evansville (although that was a short stay)
But sometimes you’ll get a Bryce Drew that works out pretty well.
Birdfan2018
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby E-Villan » March 11th, 2022, 10:23 am

Birdfan2018 wrote:
squirrel wrote:Welcome to alum coach hell. Co-signed Bradley, ISU. Co-co-signed Randy "At Least I didn't get extended" Smithson.

Walter wasn't a UE alum, but we are happy to offer up Marty Simmons for this conversation.
E-Villan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Birdfan2018 » March 11th, 2022, 10:39 am

E-Villan wrote:
Birdfan2018 wrote:

Walter wasn't a UE alum, but we are happy to offer up Marty Simmons for this conversation.

Thanks. That’s the one I was thinking of. McCarty an Evansville native.
Birdfan2018
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby dean_siu » March 11th, 2022, 2:59 pm

Alums can work out though as witnessed by the great success Chris Lowery had at SIU. Unfortunately, the cancerous Kevin Dillard became a part of the program (before he moved on to destroy Dayton) and Mario Moccia made CLo the fall guy for a player that tanked the program at the time. Bring back Chris though and I’m confident SIU can be a top ten program again within 2-3 years.
dean_siu
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby BCPanther » March 11th, 2022, 3:01 pm

What alternate reality did I just step into?
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball