Time for SIU to make a coaching change

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Time for SIU to make a coaching change

Postby GoSIU88 » April 5th, 2022, 4:03 am

Barkeep1967 wrote:This person is a troll who has been perma banned on every SIU board that has existed. Just ignore it and it goes away.

He's delusional, but he's not a troll. Bobber knows who he is.....
GoSIU88
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby tdawgs87 » April 8th, 2022, 2:48 pm

Barkeep1967 wrote:This person is a troll who has been perma banned on every SIU board that has existed. Just ignore it and it goes away.

While I agree that dean_siu is delusional, the current SIU board is too.
tdawgs87
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby DUBulldog » April 15th, 2022, 1:24 pm

dean_siu wrote:The Mullins experiment has obviously not worked and the area needs this team to return to greatness. With Bruce Weber being out at Kansas State now, the opportunity exists for a Chris Lowery return. Since Mario Moccia is no longer at the university, I thing a strong apology and an offer of a 5 year deal at about $1.4 million per season could get him back in Carbondale. Let's make it happen and return the Salukis to the dominating team in the MVC once again!

Lowery named "Special Assistant to the Head Coach" at Missouri State

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status ... 6621487105
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SalukiWorld » April 15th, 2022, 7:05 pm

DUBulldog wrote:
dean_siu wrote:The Mullins experiment has obviously not worked and the area needs this team to return to greatness. With Bruce Weber being out at Kansas State now, the opportunity exists for a Chris Lowery return. Since Mario Moccia is no longer at the university, I thing a strong apology and an offer of a 5 year deal at about $1.4 million per season could get him back in Carbondale. Let's make it happen and return the Salukis to the dominating team in the MVC once again!

Looks like Dean is now a Missouri State donor
SalukiWorld
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » April 15th, 2022, 9:46 pm

SalukiWorld wrote:Looks like Dean is now a Missouri State donor

Wonder if he’ll end up on the Missouri St board.

I remember reading on this site years ago that he was on the K-State board as “dean_ksu”.

edit: Yep, just looked it up. He’s been posting there 10 years with a Saluki avatar and his signature is “We Gave You Chris”.
https://goemaw.com/forum/index.php?acti ... ile;u=3323
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » April 16th, 2022, 7:13 am

We don't tolerate a lot of bs on the Bear Nation board ; anyone's welcome, but not everyone gets to stay. You hijack a thread more than a couple x and it's usually a short stay.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby dean_siu » April 16th, 2022, 11:49 am

SalukiWorld wrote:
DUBulldog wrote:

Looks like Dean is now a Missouri State donor

Just sent a donation. Have to admire any MVC program that hires strong coaches and strives to win. I remember when SIU didn't celebrate being the 112th ranked team in the country.
dean_siu
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby GoSIU88 » April 19th, 2022, 12:00 pm

That you would send even $1 to a rival rather than support your alma mater says all I need to know about you. While Coach Mullins didn't inherit the dumpster fire that Hinson did when CLo was fired, Mullins didn't have much talent to compete with so it was a complete rebuild the moment he set foot on campus. I didnt see or hear anyone celebrating being #112 after this season. He's doing things right. I'd suggest you keep your opinions to yourself. You're not coming across as particularly bright, Dean.
GoSIU88
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Dawgbit » April 20th, 2022, 7:28 am

GoSIU88 wrote:That you would send even $1 to a rival rather than support your alma mater says all I need to know about you. While Coach Mullins didn't inherit the dumpster fire that Hinson did when CLo was fired, Mullins didn't have much talent to compete with so it was a complete rebuild the moment he set foot on campus. I didnt see or hear anyone celebrating being #112 after this season. He's doing things right. I'd suggest you keep your opinions to yourself. You're not coming across as particularly bright, Dean.

I have placed Dean on my prayer list.
Dawgbit
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Action10 » April 30th, 2022, 11:23 am

dean_siu wrote:Alums can work out though as witnessed by the great success Chris Lowery had at SIU. Unfortunately, the cancerous Kevin Dillard became a part of the program (before he moved on to destroy Dayton) and Mario Moccia made CLo the fall guy for a player that tanked the program at the time. Bring back Chris though and I’m confident SIU can be a top ten program again within 2-3 years.

I know he posted this as a troll, but allow me to dissect this post for our entertainment... 1 single player in the 12-15 years when Weber, Painter, and Lowery were the head coaches destroyed the program. Said player then went on to destroy the Dayton program. Keep in mind, Dayton is a top tier A10 teams who was on track to be a #1 seed in 2020. Chris Lowery was the fall guy for all of that, including what happened at Dayton. In reality, the downfall of the SIU program was more related to losing Matt Painter than any player causing a problem. Lowery has proven to be a quality assistant coach but is a guy that may not ever make a good head coach. That isn't a criticism, just some people aren't cut out for it and it played out that way at SIU... On to the final part, which is the hilarious part. Lowery could turn SIU into a top 10 program AGAIN in 2-3 years. When in the Wide, Wide World of Sports was SIU a top 10 program? I'm an SIU fan, but wow. SIU made 6 straight NCAA Tournament appearances and postseason in 8 of 9 seasons. During that span, they were never ranked in the top 10 of the AP Poll and only ranked in the preseason once. They never advanced to the Elite 8 in the NCAA Tournament and were never close to advancing to MSG in the NIT. I know they won the NIT in 1967, but I'm discussing the run in the 2000's... Sometimes I like picking things apart, I just wanted to analyze how absurd this guy is and wonder why he is allowed on this board.
Action10
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball