NCAA Tournament: (7) RACERS / (15) PEACOCKS (745 CBS)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: NCAA Tournament: (7) RACERS / (15) PEACOCKS (745 CBS)

Postby Salukimadness86 » March 20th, 2022, 1:06 pm

Dawgbit wrote:
Bjhracer wrote:Definitely ready for the MVC. The Racers will be fine. There were around 5,000 fans in Indy last night, the state of the program is just fine. Disappointed yes but I’m not buying the stronger conference they won’t be as good crap. It’s good banter for fan bases but the MVC hasn’t exactly been able to beat OVC teams either and Murray just went 20-0. You can’t take days off in any conference. I’m ready for the change of conference excited for the future. This program is just going to get bigger and better.

Seems like a pretty big leap of faith for a fan whose team has been sheltering in the OVC for a lifetime, and who just got bounced by a 15 seed. You may want to give it a year or so.

Now, now Dawgbit be nice. It's a Sunday.
Salukimadness86
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Bjhracer » March 20th, 2022, 1:08 pm

I don’t have any idea what the roster will be, but I do know Racers win and are always in the mix. I expect the route to the MVC title will run through Murray. Good luck guys. I’m ready for Arch Madness already.
Bjhracer
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby racernation » March 20th, 2022, 8:43 pm

Reality check time. McMahon has reportedly interviewed for the LSU job. He'll be gone and so will Tevin and KJ. Next season will be a rebuilding year, and we will do well to finish in the top half.

I predict we will compete for an MVC title soon, just not next season.
racernation
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Blers42 » March 20th, 2022, 10:17 pm

racernation wrote:Reality check time. McMahon has reportedly interviewed for the LSU job. He'll be gone and so will Tevin and KJ. Next season will be a rebuilding year, and we will do well to finish in the top half.

Seems hard to predict something like that when you don’t even know who is going to be coaching the team.
Blers42
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BUFanatic » March 20th, 2022, 11:55 pm

Blers42 wrote:
racernation wrote:Reality check time. McMahon has reportedly interviewed for the LSU job. He'll be gone and so will Tevin and KJ. Next season will be a rebuilding year, and we will do well to finish in the top half.

Seems hard to predict something like that when you don’t even know who is going to be coaching the team.

Agreed. At least y’all knew it was going to be Valentine when Porter left. That being said, when y’all came to the Valley you had just finished 10th and 7th under Moser and hadn’t made the postseason since ‘85.

Murray, on the other hand, is coming off 5 league championships in 7 years, never finished below 5th, and made the NCAA 3 times. Additionally, going back to the ‘87/‘88 season, Murray finished 1st 24 times, 2nd 7 times (31 years), 3rd twice, 4th once, and 5th once. In 35 years they won the league 69% of the time and were in the postseason (only NIT/NCAA) 21 times. Mostly early exits, but if we’re comparing track record I think they are still in a better position to adjust to the Valley no matter who their coach ends up being.

That being said BIG props for what LUC did in the Valley (helped you guys had a former Valley coach in charge when you joined) and I knew y’all would catch up. If I’m a Rambler fan I actually kind of like that I have a new coach going into a new league because you get to see how Valentine’s inherited players from Porter are coached in the new league and if he can continue to get the type of talent Porter used to get. Will tell y’all right quick if Valentine is the right choice for competing in your new conference.
BUFanatic
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby mvfcfan » March 21st, 2022, 4:42 am

I'm not sure I've ever been more disappointed in a performance from a team that wasn't my own. I really felt like Murray just gave them the game with how horrible they shot the ball and all the turnovers. And to top it off this was their best chance at ever reaching a Sweet 16. I can only imagine how the diehard Racer fans feel, because I'm still a little bummed. I think they'll get to a S16 one day, but it might be a few years down the road. Playing in the MVC and being battle tested almost every game will likely help them if and when they go back to the tournament.
mvfcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aces44 » March 21st, 2022, 9:26 am

LOL at these AD’s.

MM has the best resources in a terrible league, predictably rolls through it unscathed. Gets Blitzed by a team with less resources in the Tournament and is an immediate MUST HAVE for every SEC AD.
Good for him. Haha.

One day these guys writing the checks will wake up. OR, more coaches will understand this quote by a former MVC Coach tuned B12 Coach, turned BE coach: “The ONLY thing better about coaching in the P5 is the paycheck, everything else is worse”
Aces44
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 21st, 2022, 11:11 am

Aces44 wrote:LOL at these AD’s.

MM has the best resources in a terrible league, predictably rolls through it unscathed. Gets Blitzed by a team with less resources in the Tournament and is an immediate MUST HAVE for every SEC AD.
Good for him. Haha.

One day these guys writing the checks will wake up. OR, more coaches will understand this quote by a former MVC Coach tuned B12 Coach, turned BE coach: “The ONLY thing better about coaching in the P5 is the paycheck, everything else is worse”

The last 4 schools to poach Murray State’s head coach with a raise ended up in the Sweet 16.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Blers42 » March 21st, 2022, 11:37 am

BUFanatic wrote:
Blers42 wrote:

Agreed. At least y’all knew it was going to be Valentine when Porter left. That being said, when y’all came to the Valley you had just finished 10th and 7th under Moser and hadn’t made the postseason since ‘85.

Murray, on the other hand, is coming off 5 league championships in 7 years, never finished below 5th, and made the NCAA 3 times. Additionally, going back to the ‘87/‘88 season, Murray finished 1st 24 times, 2nd 7 times (31 years), 3rd twice, 4th once, and 5th once. In 35 years they won the league 69% of the time and were in the postseason (only NIT/NCAA) 21 times. Mostly early exits, but if we’re comparing track record I think they are still in a better position to adjust to the Valley no matter who their coach ends up being.

That being said BIG props for what LUC did in the Valley (helped you guys had a former Valley coach in charge when you joined) and I knew y’all would catch up. If I’m a Rambler fan I actually kind of like that I have a new coach going into a new league because you get to see how Valentine’s inherited players from Porter are coached in the new league and if he can continue to get the type of talent Porter used to get. Will tell y’all right quick if Valentine is the right choice for competing in your new conference.

My comment had nothing to do with Loyola. I’m just saying making predictions without knowing who the lead decision maker is for the entire team seems like a waste of time. Murray State has been a very solid program but losing their HC (if that in fact happens) and joining a conference that’s substantially stronger than the OVC is going to change things.
Blers42
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Dawgbit » March 21st, 2022, 12:12 pm

Bjhracer wrote:I don’t have any idea what the roster will be, but I do know Racers win and are always in the mix. I expect the route to the MVC title will run through Murray. Good luck guys. I’m ready for Arch Madness already.

Please pass the popcorn.
Dawgbit
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball