WELCOME TO THE VALLEY

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: WELCOME TO THE VALLEY

Postby BuBrave2006 » July 8th, 2022, 7:11 am

BUFanatic wrote:4. Not a lot of us are too keen on Valpo. No disrespect to the fans especially the ones who post here, though the school and the “fanbase” is… weird. (Okay 4 isn’t a blanket rule like the other 3 but it IS sort of a divisive issue).

My only problem with Valpo is that they haven't won much yet. Get us some big non-conference wins every now and again and all is forgiven.

Oh...and their facilities.
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby jsaluki080 » July 8th, 2022, 7:56 am

BuBrave2006 wrote:
BUFanatic wrote:4. Not a lot of us are too keen on Valpo. No disrespect to the fans especially the ones who post here, though the school and the “fanbase” is… weird. (Okay 4 isn’t a blanket rule like the other 3 but it IS sort of a divisive issue).

My only problem with Valpo is that they haven't won much yet. Get us some big non-conference wins every now and again and all is forgiven.

Oh...and their facilities.

Yeah, Valpo is fine but, until they get some big OoC wins they'll get picked on. That goes for all the new members also. Until you get some big OoC wins, you'll probably get some s***.
Also, feel free to pick on Evansville if they continue to be bad ;)
jsaluki080
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BruinGrad » July 8th, 2022, 11:18 am

BUFanatic wrote:Welcome y’all! We only have a few rules with many traditions…

1. You root for any MVC team that makes the tourney like it were your own unless they’re your rival (sorry ISU)
2. If you are that team, we require at least 1 MVC Chant if you are boat racing a giant in the NCAA Tournament
3. Bonus points if you dunk on Loyola, take the time to learn why we flat out hate Wichita and the Fighting Greggggggs (and his wife), and understand why have a cold feeling towards Creighton….. that being said I still root for Oregon because Dana.
4. Not a lot of us are too keen on Valpo. No disrespect to the fans especially the ones who post here, though the school and the “fanbase” is… weird. (Okay 4 isn’t a blanket rule like the other 3 but it IS sort of a divisive issue).

Number 1 is easy. I always root for the conference team to beat outsiders...even our rival, Murray State. They usually give me grief, but I ignore that. I still root for them. In fact, I was glad to see Prohm return. I was never a fan of McMahon, but I have always like Prohm and wish him the best at Murray.

Number 2 is also easy, but I hate to dig on other schools. I'm not perfect, but I try to be respectable.
BruinGrad
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Adunk33 » July 8th, 2022, 3:10 pm

BUFanatic wrote:Welcome y’all! We only have a few rules with many traditions…

1. You root for any MVC team that makes the tourney like it were your own unless they’re your rival (sorry ISU)
2. If you are that team, we require at least 1 MVC Chant if you are boat racing a giant in the NCAA Tournament
3. Bonus points if you dunk on Loyola, take the time to learn why we flat out hate Wichita and the Fighting Greggggggs (and his wife), and understand why have a cold feeling towards Creighton….. that being said I still root for Oregon because Dana.
4. Not a lot of us are too keen on Valpo. No disrespect to the fans especially the ones who post here, though the school and the “fanbase” is… weird. (Okay 4 isn’t a blanket rule like the other 3 but it IS sort of a divisive issue).

Rule 1 remains solid for me. Love watching Loyolas Final 4 run a few years back. This ISU fan was happy Porter Moser, former Redbird HC, had success. Now, when Bradley lost that absolute heart breaker a few years ago…that was just such a shame…

Good news for Bradley fans, you haven’t even had to consider if you were going to root for ISU in the NCAA tournament the last 25 years.
Adunk33
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Racer09 » July 10th, 2022, 4:38 pm

Cant wait for next season!
Racer09
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby sivert » July 17th, 2023, 6:28 am

Does Belmont have an active forum?
Go Panthers!!
sivert
All MVC
All MVC

Postby IllinoisState » July 17th, 2023, 10:23 am

sivert wrote:Does Belmont have an active forum?

No.
IllinoisState
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball