If Missouri State leaves, who do you add?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Hypothetically, who would you replace MO State with?

Chattanooga
2%
Kansas City
6%
Milwaukee
11%
N Dakota St
4%
N Kentucky
13%
Omaha
4%
S Dakota
2%
S Dakota St
30%
SE Missouri St
No votes
Other School / Stay at 11
28%

Total votes : 47

Re: If Missouri State leaves, who do you add?

Postby ValleyFAN » December 16th, 2022, 2:37 pm

PretzelDawg wrote:Bobby Petrino in Vegas seems like a wild time. Hopefully, Barry Odom can keep him reeled in. Their offense should be fun to watch if he isn't too busy giving showgirls motorcycle rides.

It seems like Bobby will never be able to separate himself from his departure from Arkansas unfortunately, but while he was here in Springfield he conducted himself honorably and represented the University well. We are thankful to have had him for these 3 years and he finally made football into a winner. Now with 3 of his family members still on staff there's still a big Petrino influence. Hope the Bears can continue on the upward trend, even if this year was a major disappointment at 5-6 overall.
ValleyFAN
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Bulldog2323 » January 12th, 2023, 9:29 pm

NCAA D-1 Board of Directors approved a measure that would see the requirements for moving to FBS less focused on the not-enforced attendance measure and focus more on the student athlete experience. Measure still needs to be approved by the football committee.

Same meeting also approved a measure that could expand the NCAA Tournaments to 90 teams starting in 2025.
Bulldog2323
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby ColonialBulldog » January 17th, 2023, 12:04 pm

New facility announced for St. Thomas. It feels like this would be a prerequisite to even be up for consideration to join the Valley.

https://news.stthomas.edu/jan-17-2023-announcement/
ColonialBulldog
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby TBS_20 » January 17th, 2023, 12:27 pm

Fantastic. NDSU, SDSU, and St. Thomas are destined to be MVC team
TBS_20
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » January 17th, 2023, 12:31 pm

ColonialBulldog wrote:New facility announced for St. Thomas. It feels like this would be a prerequisite to even be up for consideration to join the Valley.

https://news.stthomas.edu/jan-17-2023-announcement/

Not only would it be a prerequisite, I actually think this would be what seals the invitation next time someone leaves. Drake/UNI will be adamant for a nearby addition after the southerly expansion, and St Thomas is finally that northern school that checks all the boxes university presidents are looking for (market for student recruitment, facilities, wealthy school).
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ColonialBulldog » January 17th, 2023, 12:33 pm

Quick reminder for non-northerners, UST would be the closest valley road trip for Drake/UNI. UST (MSP) has direct flights to all Valley teams with an airport.

NDSU would be among the longest and most expensive for Drake/UNI. It's really far north and west lol. I only point this out because it might not be totally accurate to consider them a group deal based on region.
ColonialBulldog
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BCPanther » January 17th, 2023, 1:06 pm

TBS_20 wrote:Fantastic. NDSU, SDSU, and St. Thomas are destined to be MVC team

Yes on St Thomas. This is a move to get into the Big East and I'd happily sign up to be their pass through.

I could be convinced on SDSU though I don't think they'd consider leaving the massive advantages they have in the Summit League and they're a flight for everybody.

Hardest of hard no on NDSU. They're a flight for everybody. There isn't a Valley school with a significant alumni base in Fargo/Moorehead. There really aren't 'regular students from there for the privates to recruit. It's closer to Winnipeg than it is the Twin Cities which we don't need anyway if St Thomas is around. Lastly, you guys bitch about schools funding football at the expense of basketball and, hoo buddy, do I have a story to tell you about NDSU.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » January 17th, 2023, 1:08 pm

ColonialBulldog wrote:Quick reminder for non-northerners, UST would be the closest valley road trip for Drake/UNI. UST (MSP) has direct flights to all Valley teams with an airport.

NDSU would be among the longest and most expensive for Drake/UNI. It's really far north and west lol. I only point this out because it might not be totally accurate to consider them a group deal based on region.

This right here. Once you get West of the Mississippi, people lose all sense of distance. SDSU and NDSU are both flights for UNI and Drake. It's a REALLY long way west and north.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Bulldog4life24 » January 17th, 2023, 1:10 pm

BCPanther wrote:
TBS_20 wrote:Fantastic. NDSU, SDSU, and St. Thomas are destined to be MVC team

Yes on St Thomas. This is a move to get into the Big East and I'd happily sign up to be their pass through.

I could be convinced on SDSU though I don't think they'd consider leaving the massive advantages they have in the Summit League and they're a flight for everybody.

Hardest of hard no on NDSU. They're a flight for everybody. There isn't a Valley school with a significant alumni base in Fargo/Moorehead. There really aren't 'regular students from there for the privates to recruit. It's closer to Winnipeg than it is the Twin Cities which we don't need anyway if St Thomas is around. Lastly, you guys bitch about schools funding football at the expense of basketball and, hoo buddy, do I have a story to tell you about NDSU.

This - no thanks
Bulldog4life24
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby TBS_20 » January 17th, 2023, 1:15 pm

BCPanther wrote:
ColonialBulldog wrote:Quick reminder for non-northerners, UST would be the closest valley road trip for Drake/UNI. UST (MSP) has direct flights to all Valley teams with an airport.

This right here. Once you get West of the Mississippi, people lose all sense of distance. SDSU and NDSU are both flights for UNI and Drake. It's a REALLY long way west and north.

Who is better? Would you rather have the Omahas and UMKCs? Then some of you will say grand canyon, Texas Arlington, Denver like it's not much, much further yet. Obviously, right now it's not an issue. Doesn't matter anyways. The xdsus will be in the mwc once it gets raided. Then they'll join the montanas
TBS_20
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball