If Missouri State leaves, who do you add?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Hypothetically, who would you replace MO State with?

Chattanooga
2%
Kansas City
6%
Milwaukee
11%
N Dakota St
4%
N Kentucky
13%
Omaha
4%
S Dakota
2%
S Dakota St
30%
SE Missouri St
No votes
Other School / Stay at 11
28%

Total votes : 47

Re: If Missouri State leaves, who do you add?

Postby NuncEstBibendum » November 17th, 2022, 6:45 pm

RacerJoeD wrote:GCU would be a terrible add.

GCU is a terrible add because of who they are as an "institution" but not terrible because of who they are in athletics. Sort that out.
NuncEstBibendum
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby dr222 » November 18th, 2022, 12:18 am

Northwestern State?
dr222
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby ValleyFAN » November 18th, 2022, 7:08 am

dr222 wrote:Northwestern State?

I know this comment is made in jest---but in all seriousness it is a pretty compelling situation dowwn there. They have benefited from a rush of Missouri State guys and a Missouri State asst coach in Gipson who brought in 3 Bears, flipped one Bears commit, and landed Gaige Prim's little brother. They look like an early favorite to win their conference and interested to see their results the rest of the way. Their basketball facilities are atrocious with little fan support or interest. I'll be curious to monitor them the next few seasons after the Missouri State guys have graduated, transferred, and moved on because Southland schools are not easy places to build and maintain basketball success.
ValleyFAN
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Kyle_Saluki_17 » November 18th, 2022, 8:14 am

ValleyFAN wrote:
dr222 wrote:Northwestern State?

I know this comment is made in jest---but in all seriousness it is a pretty compelling situation dowwn there. They have benefited from a rush of Missouri State guys and a Missouri State asst coach in Gipson who brought in 3 Bears, flipped one Bears commit, and landed Gaige Prim's little brother. They look like an early favorite to win their conference and interested to see their results the rest of the way. Their basketball facilities are atrocious with little fan support or interest. I'll be curious to monitor them the next few seasons after the Missouri State guys have graduated, transferred, and moved on because Southland schools are not easy places to build and maintain basketball success.

We don't need to be adding any other school with terrible facilities. We already did that once, and look how that is going. If a school isn't interested in investing in facilities, I'd assume they won't invest in their sports in general.
Kyle_Saluki_17
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Mikovio » November 18th, 2022, 8:32 am

GCU became nonprofit a few years ago. Obviously they may still be an outlier as an evangelical, online-focused college but if their top 100 program can help the MVC improve its standing and get at large bid(s) you don't let that stop you. They've been trying to get in the WCC which may look less attractive than it has been. Plus Phoenix is huge and easy to get to commercially.
Mikovio
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Kyle_Saluki_17 » November 18th, 2022, 8:42 am

I think Grand Canyon is the best school out there that could be an add. Why would it matter to our athletic conference that their school makes a profit?
Kyle_Saluki_17
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Drakey » November 18th, 2022, 9:42 pm

Chicago State and Tarleton State apparently.
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SalukiWorld » November 18th, 2022, 10:50 pm

Drakey wrote:Chicago State and Tarleton State apparently.

And Southern Indiana
SalukiWorld
All MVC
All MVC

Postby mvfcfan » November 19th, 2022, 8:01 am

GCU would be a horrible add because of 1) location and 2) they'd leave for the WCC first chance they got (with or without Gonzaga).

St Thomas would be a horrible add because of 1) they were literally just D3 two years ago and 2) because their facilities suck.
mvfcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TBS_20 » November 19th, 2022, 9:39 am

The only problem I see with GCU is there really isn't a second school out there close to GCU. Denver is a hockey school. St Mary's is a good add but they're not close to gcu. And the ones that are close to gcu aren't good enough. Like san diego and uc san diego
TBS_20
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball