MVC Secret Scrimmage/Exhibition Thread

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC Secret Scrimmage/Exhibition Thread

Postby Kyle_Saluki_17 » November 3rd, 2022, 8:28 am

BCPanther wrote:
BigMacAttack wrote:UE beat NAIA Huntington University 74-64. Aces had 4 players score in double figures and 9 players play more than 15 minutes. This team will definitely not look like Lickliter's teams.

I don't know. Competitive games with NAIA teams sounds EXACTLY like a Lickliter team...

Kind of what I was thinking. Yea they probably didn’t get any shot clock violations playing faster, but the results look similar.
Kyle_Saluki_17
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby siudawgs » November 3rd, 2022, 9:00 am

Not rocket science here, but when you have a first-year coach taking over a trainwreck who was hired late in the cycle, it's going to be an ugly year in Evansville. Anything other than a 12th place finish would be a bonus for Ragland. It's all about recruiting and building a culture at this stage.

In the meantime, scoring in the 60s and 70s instead of in the 50s will make it a bit easier on the eye for Aces fans.
Last edited by siudawgs on November 3rd, 2022, 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
siudawgs
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby siudawgs » November 3rd, 2022, 9:02 am

tribecalledquest wrote:Bradley beat Illinois Wesleyan by 15. No one got hurt.

Onward to the regular season.

Curious to see how Bradley's frontcourt plays without Mast. Seems like Leons is a strong candidate to make a splash early in the season.
siudawgs
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby squirrel » November 3rd, 2022, 9:15 am

Yes, Bradley's early success will depend on Leons assuming a key offensive role. He's been perfectly happy being a glue guy and make everyone else around him better, while quietly putting up his own numbers. A knock or frustration has been his lack of aggression, but so far the word is he's showing it.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby AD1770 » November 3rd, 2022, 12:14 pm

BCPanther wrote:
BigMacAttack wrote:UE beat NAIA Huntington University 74-64. Aces had 4 players score in double figures and 9 players play more than 15 minutes. This team will definitely not look like Lickliter's teams.

I don't know. Competitive games with NAIA teams sounds EXACTLY like a Lickliter team...

I don’t know. Lickliters team probably would have lost to them.
AD1770
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Kyle_Saluki_17 » November 3rd, 2022, 1:50 pm

AD1770 wrote:
BCPanther wrote:

I don’t know. Lickliters team probably would have lost to them.

No that role was exclusively for Valpo lol
Kyle_Saluki_17
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUBulldog » November 3rd, 2022, 8:24 pm

Drake played Minnesota-Duluth tonight, who is apparently a top 10 team in D2.

Bulldogs won 100-77.

Oh yeah, Drake played without four starters and a key reserve.

Sardaar Calhoun lead the way with 35 points (7-9 from3). Darnell Brodie had 25 points and 15 rebounds.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Drakey » November 3rd, 2022, 8:44 pm

Bulldogs down to 7 scholarship players. Penn, Sturtz, Samake, Wilkins and Devries out. If this continues we may need to re-evaluate those conference standing predictions. The current lineup might be able to finish 8th or 9th.
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Postby siudawgs » November 4th, 2022, 7:20 am

Why is it so hard to find any info about DeVries' injury on the internet or social media? Coverage of Drake appears to be almost as lacking as it is for SIU. But you'd think the preseason conference POY being in a boot would generate some coverage?
siudawgs
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BullHawk0402 » November 4th, 2022, 8:51 am

DUBulldog wrote:Drake played Minnesota-Duluth tonight, who is apparently a top 10 team in D2.

Bulldogs won 100-77.

Oh yeah, Drake played without four starters and a key reserve.

Sardaar Calhoun lead the way with 35 points (7-9 from3). Darnell Brodie had 25 points and 15 rebounds.

I know this Drake team is deep, but I didn’t anticipate how many scorers they actually have 1-12. I came away pretty impressed tonight considering the massive number of key absences against a solid D2 team.

Just need to get healthy now…
BullHawk0402
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball