MVC Games Week 1

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC Games Week 1

Postby Aces44 » November 13th, 2022, 9:39 pm

The Dawgs can’t score enough bc the ball doesn’t move.
Aces44
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Kyle_Saluki_17 » November 13th, 2022, 10:46 pm

SalukiWorld wrote:
Redbird82 wrote:It’s sports and they are college kids, but man how do you win at OK st and get blown out by Southern Indiana

SIU couldn’t score in either game, they were lucky Lance Jones went nuts in the Oklahoma State game and the Cowboys missed free throws and also can’t score. SIU plays good defense which will win them some games but there will equally be games where they can’t score enough. Been a problem under Mullins that doesn’t seem to be improving.

SIU looked like a tournament team in the first game. Pulled off an upset in an ugly one in game 2, and absolutely laid an egg today. There is absolutely nothing to take away from that game that is positive though. I will say though, they created open 3’s all day. Just couldn’t make them. Could easily be a way different game if a few shots fall. As far as the offense goes, I’d wait a few more games into the season before saying “offense is not improving.” We’re still 2-1 after all. A lot of season left.
Kyle_Saluki_17
All MVC
All MVC

Postby acepurple84 » November 14th, 2022, 7:18 pm

USI the other school in Evansville with a National Championship in Mens BB
acepurple84
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby AcesAces » November 15th, 2022, 11:20 am

With Murray State and Belmont both gone from the OVC, I'd say SIU is better than any team in the OVC, EXCEPT USI on that glorious Sunday afternoon of the 13th of November. If USI can continue to get better and Kiyron Powell can get the game to slow down for him, USI could make a run for the OVC Championship.

Who knows, in a couple of years, we could see 2 conference champions located in Evansville, Indiana: UE of the MVC and USI of the OVC.

Things are looking good for D1 MCBB in Southwestern Indiana.
AcesAces
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Kyle_Saluki_17 » November 15th, 2022, 5:42 pm

AcesAces wrote:With Murray State and Belmont both gone from the OVC, I'd say SIU is better than any team in the OVC, EXCEPT USI on that glorious Sunday afternoon of the 13th of November. If USI can continue to get better and Kiyron Powell can get the game to slow down for him, USI could make a run for the OVC Championship.

Who knows, in a couple of years, we could see 2 conference champions located in Evansville, Indiana: UE of the MVC and USI of the OVC.

Things are looking good for D1 MCBB in Southwestern Indiana.

I’d say there is 10 other MVC schools (yes, I’m leaving out 1) that will have something to say about that :lol:
Kyle_Saluki_17
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball