Loyola @ UIC - Nov 11 @ 7PM CT

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby mvfcfan » November 8th, 2022, 8:26 am

Maybe something we can all unite behind on this board. I think most of us are kind of looking forward to this one and hoping that UIC can deliver for the Valley. Would certainly be a sweet win for UIC and the MVC, and it's a chance for UIC to show that they really belong in the league early on in their new era of basketball. Go Flames!
mvfcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Loyola @ UIC - Nov 11 @ 7PM CT

Postby SalukiWorld » November 8th, 2022, 1:54 pm

I'd say there's no chance but Farleigh Dickinson should have beaten the Ramblers last night
SalukiWorld
All MVC
All MVC

Postby jturner38 » November 11th, 2022, 1:53 pm

Apparently Damaria Franklin's dad is bringing family and friends to this game tonight to protest against UIC. It's pretty silly because the issue is The waiver that he wants them to sign is what they are calling the run off waiver which for UIC would be falsifying a document because they didn't run him off. So I believe UIC is waiting on the NCAA because they don't want to be penalized. They didn't even run him off he told them he would graduate early and leave.
jturner38
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby SalukiWorld » November 11th, 2022, 8:28 pm

UIC hanging tough right now. Leading with 11:00 left in the 2nd half
SalukiWorld
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » November 11th, 2022, 9:11 pm

Loyola takes it 70-63. UIC played very well.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby NuncEstBibendum » November 11th, 2022, 9:12 pm

SalukiWorld wrote:UIC hanging tough right now. Leading with 11:00 left in the 2nd half

Aged poorly.
NuncEstBibendum
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Bigdfromuic » November 12th, 2022, 4:12 pm

Loyola was not happy with the officiating last night. Two technicals and UIC shot 12 more FTs. The Ts were warranted. Anyway, I thought postgame with Loyola coach Drew Valentine was interesting. First question was about fouls and he said something like “well we all saw what happened the last time we stepped foot on a road Valley floor…enough said”. That must’ve been the game at Northern Iowa last year? Anyway, just seemed to be an unnecessary shot at the league from a guy holding a grudge or something. Funny that the Valley road games are unfair in his eyes, but his home games, which are Valley road games for every other team they play, are fair? I know we’ve been on the wrong end of some bad calls over the years over there. It’s called playing on the road.

Also took a shot at UIC at the end, saying the talent at their upcoming MTE is “obviously better”. May be 100% fact but you don’t say it like that. Dude seems like an ass. But no surprise from what I’ve read from a lot of their fans over the years. Was your experience with Loyola that they think their s*** no longer stinks? Because they were not like this in the Horizon. Losing had humbled them, I guess.

I think our freshman have been fairly decent in the first couple games…for freshman. Jalen Jackson seems to be a smart player that brings a calm presence…he’s been a really solid defender and did well on Braden Norris last night. Cam Fens is a lot more agile than I thought. I think he could turn into a player and has already given us some rim protection that we sorely lacked last season.
Bigdfromuic
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby jsaluki080 » November 13th, 2022, 7:35 am

Bigdfromuic wrote:Loyola was not happy with the officiating last night. Two technicals and UIC shot 12 more FTs. The Ts were warranted. Anyway, I thought postgame with Loyola coach Drew Valentine was interesting. First question was about fouls and he said something like “well we all saw what happened the last time we stepped foot on a road Valley floor…enough said”. That must’ve been the game at Northern Iowa last year? Anyway, just seemed to be an unnecessary shot at the league from a guy holding a grudge or something. Funny that the Valley road games are unfair in his eyes, but his home games, which are Valley road games for every other team they play, are fair? I know we’ve been on the wrong end of some bad calls over the years over there. It’s called playing on the road.

Also took a shot at UIC at the end, saying the talent at their upcoming MTE is “obviously better”. May be 100% fact but you don’t say it like that. Dude seems like an ass. But no surprise from what I’ve read from a lot of their fans over the years. Was your experience with Loyola that they think their s*** no longer stinks? Because they were not like this in the Horizon. Losing had humbled them, I guess.

I think our freshman have been fairly decent in the first couple games…for freshman. Jalen Jackson seems to be a smart player that brings a calm presence…he’s been a really solid defender and did well on Braden Norris last night. Cam Fens is a lot more agile than I thought. I think he could turn into a player and has already given us some rim protection that we sorely lacked last season.

Loyola took alot of s*** when they first joined. A large chunk of that was from WSU posters who had become notorious for being asses. But Loyola started getting better and started fitting in. Largely, their fans, at least here on the message board, were all pretty cool. However, at the last, one Loyola poster had a melt down or something and stirred up a little drama.
jsaluki080
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BCPanther » November 13th, 2022, 7:52 am

Valentine pretty much acts like a child in the media. This is nothing new. He's more than willing to show exactly who he is. Just a really immature guy.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TylerDurden » November 13th, 2022, 9:31 am

Bigdfromuic wrote:Loyola was not happy with the officiating last night. Two technicals and UIC shot 12 more FTs. The Ts were warranted. Anyway, I thought postgame with Loyola coach Drew Valentine was interesting. First question was about fouls and he said something like “well we all saw what happened the last time we stepped foot on a road Valley floor…enough said”. That must’ve been the game at Northern Iowa last year? Anyway, just seemed to be an unnecessary shot at the league from a guy holding a grudge or something. Funny that the Valley road games are unfair in his eyes, but his home games, which are Valley road games for every other team they play, are fair? I know we’ve been on the wrong end of some bad calls over the years over there. It’s called playing on the road.

Also interesting is that the A10 likely scheduled those officials for a road nonconference game. That's generally how those contracts work. *Though I don't know what consortium they use.

Drew can feel any way he wants, but without the MVC Loyola is still an irrelevant program in its own city.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball