MVC Games Week 2

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC Games Week 2

Postby smidge34 » November 20th, 2022, 11:31 am

Racers wrap up the Myrtle Beach tourney with an easy 77-60 win over Tulsa. To quote one of the announcers, “This is NOT the 8th place team in that conference.” I concur.
smidge34
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby tribecalledquest » November 20th, 2022, 11:37 am

smidge34 wrote:Racers wrap up the Myrtle Beach tourney with an easy 77-60 win over Tulsa. To quote one of the announcers, “This is NOT the 8th place team in that conference.” I concur.

So far, so good on the Murray State-Loyola trade.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Drakey » November 20th, 2022, 11:41 am

The same Tulsa team that beat Loyola by 20.
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Rollbird5 » November 20th, 2022, 5:57 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
smidge34 wrote:Racers wrap up the Myrtle Beach tourney with an easy 77-60 win over Tulsa. To quote one of the announcers, “This is NOT the 8th place team in that conference.” I concur.

So far, so good on the Murray State-Loyola trade.

What a shame that Loyola thinks they're too good for us and now stink :Violin:
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby NuncEstBibendum » November 20th, 2022, 6:17 pm

Did not Loyola move to the A10?

Is this thread not called MVC Games Week 2? :huh:
NuncEstBibendum
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby DUBulldog » November 20th, 2022, 7:02 pm

Drake almost blew a 16 points half-time lead vs Wyoming, but hang on to win 61-56. They'll play in championship game of Paradise Jam tomorrow night against either Boston College or Tarleton State (coached by former Kentucky coach Billy Gillispie)
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby VUGrad1314 » November 20th, 2022, 7:52 pm

Strong showing by the MVC tonight getting two wins against leagues we want to considered peers by (I think we largely are a peer of the MWC even though they stopped their challenge with us and we're certainly a peer of the post-Big XII raid AAC if not an outright better league. Very proud of the Racers showing in Myrtle Beach. They came within an eyelash of winning that tournament but still took down a ranked SEC team and what should be a solid AAC team. I absolutely agree there is NO WAY Murray State finishes 8th in the MVC. They look like a locked and loaded top 3-4 team right now. I think based on the early season returns so far Drake SIU and Murray State are clearly ahead of everyone else with Missouri State being the only team with an argument for being in that tier as well. It's possible some other teams could have something to say about that as well Indiana State has looked good but they lack a true signature win and a couple teams like Bradley and Belmont have been a bit banged up which makes it hard to judge where they will be but right now Murray State looks amazing and I must reiterate that I am so happy they're finally here.
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Kyle_Saluki_17 » November 20th, 2022, 10:12 pm

I’m not really sure how it actually compares, but it feels like the non conference so far is going better than last year for the league. Last year just felt like a giant disappointment the entire 2 months, and we still finished 11th as a league. Just curious, does anyone else feel the same way so far? I know there are a ton of games left…
Kyle_Saluki_17
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BUFanatic » November 20th, 2022, 10:32 pm

As a Bradley fan, Murray gets a TON of points over Belmont for beating Tulsa. Bit of conference history for you, Bradley and Tulsa used to be big MVC rivals. So much so that I wasn’t alive when they were in the conference but I still hate them because my parents hate them.

Also there’s a well known Tulsa alumni who get assigned a suspicious amount of BU games who is definitely not friendly to us.

I’m also told there was a legendary mascot throw down…
BUFanatic
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BruinGrad » November 21st, 2022, 5:14 am

DUBulldog wrote:Drake almost blew a 16 points half-time lead vs Wyoming, but hang on to win 61-56. They'll play in championship game of Paradise Jam tomorrow night against either Boston College or Tarleton State (coached by former Kentucky coach Billy Gillispie)

Drake will have their hands full with Tarleton. They have a tenacious defense and some pretty decent shooters. They beat Boston College and they only lost by 3 to Arizona State. Belmont's loss to them while being short handed doesn't feel quite as bad as it initially did. A solid win by Drake today will really look good.
BruinGrad
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball