WSU vs CU

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: WSU vs CU

Postby iSASO » January 11th, 2011, 3:02 pm

You mean like the way they gripped up against Virginia when they were down 18-2?
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ictjay » January 11th, 2011, 3:07 pm

iSASO wrote:You mean like the way they gripped up against Virginia when they were down 18-2?

No, Mo. St.
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby iSASO » January 11th, 2011, 3:13 pm

Yep, when things were tough and the Shox were down 13 in the second half, they certainly had a complete come-apart. Grip city. That explains MSU's 23-point win.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ictjay » January 11th, 2011, 3:18 pm

iSASO wrote:Yep, when things were tough and the Shox were down 13 in the second half, they certainly had a complete come-apart. Grip city. That explains MSU's 23-point win.

Spin it anyway you want. :geek: Shocker play in the last 2 minutes vs Mo St. gives Jay fans its only hope of keeping it close.
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Aces1982 » January 11th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Both fan bases saying that have no shot to compete blah blah blah.......sounds like a bunch of teenagers.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aces0976 » January 11th, 2011, 3:51 pm

Aces1982 wrote:Both fan bases saying that have no shot to compete blah blah blah.......sounds like a bunch of teenagers.

That's right....when Aces fans say we have no chance, we mean it DAMNIT!!!!!
Don't steal our thunder, it's one of the few things we have left.......gl to both teams, for what it's worth, I think it should be a good game.
Aces0976
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby DoubleJayAlum » January 11th, 2011, 4:13 pm

iSASO wrote:Yep, when things were tough and the Shox were down 13 in the second half, they certainly had a complete come-apart. Grip city. That explains MSU's 23-point win.

Can't speak for ictjay, but I'd assume he means the last minute or so when WSU had a complete come-apart (or, to use your phrase, "grip city").
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby iSASO » January 11th, 2011, 5:18 pm

Are there classes at Creighton where they teach you all how not to say what you mean? Would I see these in the course catalog?

ENG 221: Vagueness in writing - how to be a poor communicator
ENG 350: Squishy sentences - be wrong and weasel out later

Us journalism grads are taught to be precise and concise. Get it out there, get it right and be crystal clear about it.
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby valleychamp » January 11th, 2011, 5:49 pm

iSASO wrote:Are there classes at Creighton where they teach you all how not to say what you mean? Would I see these in the course catalog?

That is "LOL" funny considering the source.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » January 11th, 2011, 6:08 pm

I, along with several CU fans, hope Jays fans get a good, long look at Orukpe. See if you can spot the pattern in EO's minutes:

Against UE - 8 minutes
Against MSU - 0 minutes

The larget EO's minutes, the larger WSU's certainty of victory.

Talk about an ALL STAR! WSU has so much depth in the front court that a talent like Orukpe has to wait his turn. Orukpe is so talented that WSU has never lost a game in which he was allowed to play more than a minute.

In games where Orukpe has played more minutes, WSU's margin of victory is in the range of 4 points per every minute Orukpe plays. If Marshall let him play all 40 minutes, WSU's average margin of victory would project to something like 160 ppg.

It's tough, but I'm doing my best to kep up with CU fans in the "Flawed Logic" category. I probably have no business trying to compete with the Champs.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball