Checking in on our former MVC mates

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Checking in on our former MVC mates

Postby bradley_townie » February 22nd, 2023, 12:33 pm

ValleyFAN wrote:Some people on the Rambler board think they would be in the mix for a league title this year if they were still in the MVC. I almost spit out my coffee.

To be fair, it was mostly one poster who got quickly put in check by others. At least there is some self-awareness. The fact remains that Bradley and Drake have higher NET rankings than any A-10 school. MVC has 5 teams in the top 150, A-10 has 6. To claim Loyola would be in the mix for anything above 6th place is laughable.
bradley_townie
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby unipanther99 » February 22nd, 2023, 3:11 pm

At least Valentine is getting massages before each game now. That's definitely important to know.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Adunk33 » February 22nd, 2023, 3:24 pm

bradley_townie wrote:
ValleyFAN wrote:Some people on the Rambler board think they would be in the mix for a league title this year if they were still in the MVC. I almost spit out my coffee.

To be fair, it was mostly one poster who got quickly put in check by others. At least there is some self-awareness. The fact remains that Bradley and Drake have higher NET rankings than any A-10 school. MVC has 5 teams in the top 150, A-10 has 6. To claim Loyola would be in the mix for anything above 6th place is laughable.

As of last Saturday...ILST was 268 and Loyola was 269...Just sayin...
Adunk33
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ColonialBulldog » February 22nd, 2023, 6:23 pm

That's laughable. Loyola finished 4th in the Valley last year. The tiebreakers put them in 4th for a reason. They would've been woodshedded in the final if DJ had been healthy. (Drake spanked loyola twice in the regular season, played a 4.5 man rotation three straight days at Arch Madness). Comical to think they would compete in the Valley this year.
ColonialBulldog
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Majik45 » February 23rd, 2023, 8:42 am

I have no knowledge of Loyola from this year, but my guess is they would probably between UNI and Valpo this year as far as record goes.
Majik45
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Birdfan2018 » February 23rd, 2023, 4:30 pm

Majik45 wrote:I have no knowledge of Loyola from this year, but my guess is they would probably between UNI and Valpo this year as far as record goes.

They lost at home to Fordham last night.
Birdfan2018
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BCPanther » February 23rd, 2023, 4:34 pm

Birdfan2018 wrote:
Majik45 wrote:I have no knowledge of Loyola from this year, but my guess is they would probably between UNI and Valpo this year as far as record goes.

They lost at home to Fordham last night.

If everything goes perfect for them in their last 3 games they can finish all the way up at 13th in a 1 bid league that's going to get a worse seed than we are!
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball