Checking in on our former MVC mates

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Checking in on our former MVC mates

Postby Dawgbit » November 29th, 2022, 10:18 am

Who wants to re-marry the wife who ran off with the UPS driver?
Dawgbit
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jsnhbe1Birds » November 29th, 2022, 10:30 am

Dawgbit wrote:Who wants to re-marry the wife who ran off with the UPS driver?

that would depend on who the wife is. greggggg's wife? not so much.
Jsnhbe1Birds
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Blers42 » November 29th, 2022, 9:50 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
Birdfan2018 wrote:
Red wrote:I hadn't paid much attention to Creighton, Wichita State, or Loyola until I saw the CU-Arkansas game last night. Creighton looks really good. They're a top 10 team so they should be good, but scoring 90 on the Hogs is pretty impressive.

On the other hand, Wichita State lost to San Francisco last night in KC. That isn't a terrible loss, but apparently they lost a home buy game to Alcorn State too? I said it back when the left for greener pastures that the AAC would not be a net gain over the long term and I have to think there are people on that campus who regret it. And this is before UCF, Cincy, and Houston have even left the league and the AAC turns into CUSA.

Loyola has lost three straight and hasn't been terribly competitive against Tulsa, Boise St, and Texas A&M. I have no hard feelings for the Ramblers and wish them well, but it's been a rough start for them.

Harvard 61
Loyola 55

But Loyola is more “like” Harvard academically - just ask them - so this loss is fine.

Yep, our 70% acceptance rate is right there with Harvard :roll:
Blers42
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BUFanatic » November 30th, 2022, 12:46 pm

PretzelDawg wrote:I don't think it would hurt to send a feeler to Wichita State about rejoining the Missouri Valley.

Nope. Candidly… f*** em. If Creighton were ever in a bind, on the other hand…
BUFanatic
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby jsaluki080 » December 1st, 2022, 8:29 am

BUFanatic wrote:
PretzelDawg wrote:I don't think it would hurt to send a feeler to Wichita State about rejoining the Missouri Valley.

Since Greg is out at Wichita, I'd say they could join the conference again but, just make it so their fans couldn't post here. lol
Actually, the message board feels less active since they left. Maybe it would be nice having them back on here. It may spice things up a bit. 8-)
jsaluki080
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Kyle_Saluki_17 » December 1st, 2022, 9:45 am

jsaluki080 wrote:
BUFanatic wrote:

Since Greg is out at Wichita, I'd say they could join the conference again but, just make it so their fans couldn't post here. lol
Actually, the message board feels less active since they left. Maybe it would be nice having them back on here. It may spice things up a bit. 8-)

Every great story needs a villain.
Kyle_Saluki_17
All MVC
All MVC

Postby hot nuts » December 1st, 2022, 10:35 am

Dawgbit wrote:Who wants to re-marry the wife who ran off with the UPS driver?

What's she look like?
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BUFanatic » December 1st, 2022, 3:13 pm

Kyle_Saluki_17 wrote:Every great story needs a villain.

I feel like Loyola somehow fits a modified “you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain” thing lol
BUFanatic
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby VUGrad1314 » December 1st, 2022, 5:11 pm

I wouldn't be totally shocked to see Wichita State forced to come back one day. It would require a lot of sizable realignment dominos to fall with the whole thing not happening if just one of these doesn't happen but it could happen.

Suppose both Memphis and SMU find their way out of the AAC and the AAC backfills with more football or market schools without proven success in basketball.

Suppose San Diego State and Boise State both find their way out of the Mountain West OR

The Pac 12 disintegrates and absorbs the MWC schools

Then Wichita State wouldn't have much choice but to return unless the Big East chose to take them which is unlikely.

Of course if the Pac 12 is completely dissolved and Oregon State and Washington State are forced to join the Mountain West (who also holds on to Boise State and San Diego State) then that would likely be a more palatable option than the MVC but it's not like Wichita State has been setting the world on fire since they joined the AAC so I wonder if they would even be in the position to get a conference promotion as a non-FB school at this point.

Returning to the MVC may be their only option after the next big wave of realignment.
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » December 1st, 2022, 6:17 pm

VUGrad1314 wrote:I wouldn't be totally shocked to see Wichita State forced to come back one day. It would require a lot of sizable realignment dominos to fall with the whole thing not happening if just one of these doesn't happen but it could happen.

Suppose both Memphis and SMU find their way out of the AAC and the AAC backfills with more football or market schools without proven success in basketball.

Suppose San Diego State and Boise State both find their way out of the Mountain West OR

The Pac 12 disintegrates and absorbs the MWC schools

Then Wichita State wouldn't have much choice but to return unless the Big East chose to take them which is unlikely.

Of course if the Pac 12 is completely dissolved and Oregon State and Washington State are forced to join the Mountain West (who also holds on to Boise State and San Diego State) then that would likely be a more palatable option than the MVC but it's not like Wichita State has been setting the world on fire since they joined the AAC so I wonder if they would even be in the position to get a conference promotion as a non-FB school at this point.

Returning to the MVC may be their only option after the next big wave of realignment.

Decisions have consequences. I'm sure CUSA or the Summit League would take them.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball