RacerJoeD
All MVC
All MVC

Re: MVC Games Week 4

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby freddycat68 » December 4th, 2022, 9:24 pm

SalukiWorld wrote:Racers are 2-0 with 2 OT wins over Illinois State and Valpo.

Right. Two teams at 2-0 this very early season, but one beat ISUred and Valpo, both in close games, and the other beat UNI and MSU (the latter on the road), both by 15 points +. WAY too early to make much of anything, but Kenpom may have to adjust some projections here. Just sayin.
freddycat68
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby RacerJoeD » December 4th, 2022, 9:42 pm

It’s too early to win or lose the conference, that’s for sure.

I will say that it is nice to be in a conference that cares. Now let’s go get some more OOC wins and get ready for the second semester. I think there are still a few surprises to be had this season in the Valley.
RacerJoeD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BruinGrad » December 5th, 2022, 6:23 am

hot nuts wrote:Someone must have put a quarter in the Redbirds today. Their offense was humming.

They outhustled Belmont too. State got all the 50-50 balls. This was the inconsistency that I was expecting for us this year. In past years, it would rare that Belmont gets outhustled in a game.
BruinGrad
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Adunk33 » December 5th, 2022, 11:30 am

BruinGrad wrote:
hot nuts wrote:Someone must have put a quarter in the Redbirds today. Their offense was humming.

They outhustled Belmont too. State got all the 50-50 balls. This was the inconsistency that I was expecting for us this year. In past years, it would rare that Belmont gets outhustled in a game.

On the flip side of the coin, it's been rare as of late that ILST out hustles anyone. It was really refreshing to see. The Birds are a possession or so away from being 2-0 in the conference. Most fans would've had them 0-2 after the first two. They still have some head scratching mistakes by way of the turnover and 4 or 5 shot clock violations, but we've seen growth through the first 9 games.

Now, how do they build on it? They aren't going to shoot 60% from three every game, so where is that supplemental scoring going to come from?

Looking forward to the next two noncon games. ISU has played kind of a weird schedule to this point of the season, in terms of timing. They've had some "bye" weeks built in for finals & the holidays.
4 games Nov 7-17
3 games Nov 21-23
Off (from games) Nov 24-Nov 30
4 games from Dec 1-10
Off (from games) Dec 11-16
2 games Dec 17-19
Off (from games) Dec 20-27.
Dec 28- Conference play starts at a "typical" cadence.
Adunk33
All MVC
All MVC

Postby smidge34 » December 5th, 2022, 6:57 pm

RacerJoeD wrote:It’s too early to win or lose the conference, that’s for sure.

I will say that it is nice to be in a conference that cares. Now let’s go get some more OOC wins and get ready for the second semester. I think there are still a few surprises to be had this season in the Valley.

This. Ain’t nobody laying down for us and we are in a battle with 7-8 teams instead of 1 or 2 for top 100-125. We’ve wanted to compete for a long time and we now have our wish. Time to put up or shut up. Love it!
smidge34
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball