UNI Band not coming to Arch Madness this year

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: UNI Band not coming to Arch Madness this year

Postby unipanther99 » November 30th, 2022, 10:11 am

It's really awesome some fans of other schools are wanting to help fund something that should be an absolute bare minimum expenditure for a mid-major athletic department.

I hope this gets more attention and properly embarrasses the administration into making a change. At minimum, reversing this decision - and most Panther fans would welcome a change at AD as well. This seems like kind of a "last straw" sort of thing to me.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Adunk33 » November 30th, 2022, 10:17 am

I'd bet the Panther band will be in attendance playing their fight song twice in a row at every opportunity ;). (But seriously, it's the only fight song in the league that I know the words to, other than ILST, thanks to Ali Farokhmanesh).

Crowd sourcing will get them there. I'd expect a go fund me in the coming weeks.

Shitty that UNI feels this is necessary.
Adunk33
All MVC
All MVC

Postby GoSIU88 » January 11th, 2023, 2:32 pm

Bulldog2323 wrote:
Red wrote:I guess that I can't say I recall, but does every other school send a band to Arch Madness?

With the exception of the 2021 COVID Tournament, going back to at least the late 2000s I can't recall there ever being a time where there wasn't a school band at Arch Madness.

Speaking for Drake, there were years that due to scheduling conflicts and the team being so bad they had trouble getting students to commit the time to go, so they invited recent alumni to come back and join the band to make sure there would be one rather than going without. One particularly bad year for Drake when Drake could only get half a band they paid Evansville for band members to play for Drake. Now that Drake is favored to win the conference again, they have a seniority policy in place to stay under the MVC imposed limit of 30 band members.

Neither Valpo or Evansville sent bands to the tournament in 2022. Their 8:30 pm game on Thursday night was so eerily quiet I fell asleep. Woke a minute later and realized I needed to go to bed.
GoSIU88
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Campbellproud » January 11th, 2023, 8:53 pm

GoSIU88 wrote:
Bulldog2323 wrote:
Red wrote:I guess that I can't say I recall, but does every other school send a band to Arch Madness?

With the exception of the 2021 COVID Tournament, going back to at least the late 2000s I can't recall there ever being a time where there wasn't a school band at Arch Madness.

Speaking for Drake, there were years that due to scheduling conflicts and the team being so bad they had trouble getting students to commit the time to go, so they invited recent alumni to come back and join the band to make sure there would be one rather than going without. One particularly bad year for Drake when Drake could only get half a band they paid Evansville for band members to play for Drake. Now that Drake is favored to win the conference again, they have a seniority policy in place to stay under the MVC imposed limit of 30 band members.

Neither Valpo or Evansville sent bands to the tournament in 2022. Their 8:30 pm game on Thursday night was so eerily quiet I fell asleep. Woke a minute later and realized I needed to go to bed.

Maybe—hear me out—you fell asleep because you were watching Valpo/Evansville.
Campbellproud
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby siudawgs » January 12th, 2023, 1:58 pm

This sucks and is the kind of thing that waters down the atmosphere. The pomp and circumstance is part of what has made it a great event over the years. And UNI has a cool fight song.
siudawgs
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Ali » January 14th, 2023, 9:56 am

siudawgs wrote:This sucks and is the kind of thing that waters down the atmosphere. The pomp and circumstance is part of what has made it a great event over the years. And UNI has a cool fight song.

I loved going to Arch Madness. It's been a few years, but it hasn't been the same since the "powers" left and half the arena is empty every game. Just another nail in the coffin.
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby E-Villan » January 14th, 2023, 10:18 am

In one of his many moronic moves, our previous AD dumped the pep band from the athletics department completely. A move our new AD reversed immediately. With that, I assume ours will be at Arch Madness.

I also assume if another school needs to borrow them, they will be available after Thursday.
E-Villan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Kyle_Saluki_17 » January 14th, 2023, 11:00 am

E-Villan wrote:I also assume if another school needs to borrow them, they will be available after Thursday.

:lol:
Kyle_Saluki_17
All MVC
All MVC

Postby GoSIU88 » January 14th, 2023, 11:58 am

E-Villan wrote:In one of his many moronic moves, our previous AD dumped the pep band from the athletics department completely. A move our new AD reversed immediately. With that, I assume ours will be at Arch Madness.

I also assume if another school needs to borrow them, they will be available after Thursday.

I knew they weren't in St L last year, but that was a moronic move. Almost as stupid as hiring Walter McCarty.
:huh:
GoSIU88
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Bulldog2323 » February 10th, 2023, 3:39 pm

Bulldog2323
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball