SalukiWorld
All MVC
All MVC

MVC Games Week 5

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: MVC Games Week 5

Postby Adunk33 » December 6th, 2022, 10:44 am

Long time Valley fans will be sure to want to tune into ILST's game vs SIUE on Saturday at 3 p.m. on ESPN3.

It's the "return to Horton" game, where Horton Field House will host a game for the first time since Redbird Arena opened back in the 80s. Basketball royalty, Doug Collins will be in the house as well as a slew of other former players.

It'll be interesting to see what the broadcast and in-game entertainment looks like. Horton is a much smaller venue than Redbird Arena and doesn't have the technology of a modern arena with video boards and whatnot.

If they get the same 3k that have been coming to other games jammed in there, it could make for a pretty fun environment.
Adunk33
All MVC
All MVC

Postby RacerJoeD » December 6th, 2022, 4:08 pm

Is Horton embarrassingly small? Strangely lit? Barely able to be called good enough for D1? If so, SIUE will have a marked advantage as their home gym is all of those things.
RacerJoeD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby AcesAces » December 6th, 2022, 5:49 pm

Week 5? What the Hell? You mean we have to go through another nightmare year week after painful week after painful week. Can’t we just start all over and choose new players?

Christmas will be Merry in many MVC cities. Christmas will not be Merry in Evansville, again.
AcesAces
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby IllinoisState » December 6th, 2022, 5:55 pm

RacerJoeD wrote:Is Horton embarrassingly small? Strangely lit? Barely able to be called good enough for D1? If so, SIUE will have a marked advantage as their home gym is all of those things.

Yes and no, yes, and yes.
IllinoisState
All MVC
All MVC

Postby RacerJoeD » December 6th, 2022, 6:37 pm

IllinoisState wrote:
RacerJoeD wrote:Is Horton embarrassingly small? Strangely lit? Barely able to be called good enough for D1? If so, SIUE will have a marked advantage as their home gym is all of those things.

Yes and no, yes, and yes.

So it’s better than the Vandabalene Center… do me a favor- get the freaking W.
RacerJoeD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby smidge34 » December 6th, 2022, 6:37 pm

I’m pretty excited for Bradley @ SIUe tonight. Looks like Bradley is a 6 point favorite so 9+ neutral court. If I were betting I’d take SIUe and their dynamite and high majoresque sophomore guard to cover but Bradley to win. SIUe just doesn’t have that winning culture.
smidge34
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby tribecalledquest » December 6th, 2022, 7:56 pm

smidge34 wrote:I’m pretty excited for Bradley @ SIUe tonight. Looks like Bradley is a 6 point favorite so 9+ neutral court. If I were betting I’d take SIUe and their dynamite and high majoresque sophomore guard to cover but Bradley to win. SIUe just doesn’t have that winning culture.

Ugly first half for the Braves. Couldn’t make anything, didn’t guard anything and turned it over 11 times. Brutal.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Tulsa Brave » December 6th, 2022, 9:14 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
smidge34 wrote:I’m pretty excited for Bradley @ SIUe tonight. Looks like Bradley is a 6 point favorite so 9+ neutral court. If I were betting I’d take SIUe and their dynamite and high majoresque sophomore guard to cover but Bradley to win. SIUe just doesn’t have that winning culture.

Ugly first half for the Braves. Couldn’t make anything, didn’t guard anything and turned it over 11 times. Brutal.

And a wild final seven seconds, but the Braves survive by a fraction of a second as SIUE's tying desperation bucket gets waved off on review.
Tulsa Brave
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby tribecalledquest » December 6th, 2022, 9:26 pm

Tulsa Brave wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:

And a wild final seven seconds, but the Braves survive by a fraction of a second as SIUE's tying desperation bucket gets waved off on review.

As I’ve said before - you don’t apologize for road wins. Some really off nights for some BU starters but guys like Darius Hannah really played well. Defense travels for sure.

Over the last five games Bradley opponents have scored: 55, 41, 53, 40, and 54 points.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball