MVC Games Week 8

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC Games Week 8

Postby tribecalledquest » January 5th, 2023, 1:38 pm

RacerJoeD wrote:Duly noted.

This game was played much closer to the tempo desired by the Racers, especially with one of the two true bigs we have out.

Yes. It is one interesting thing about adding Murray to the league (one that I like). They want to play faster - while 95% of the league wants to grind it out. Indiana State also plays fast which I like.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby RacerJoeD » January 5th, 2023, 1:51 pm

As we rebuild our roster, you will see our desire for tempo (not necessarily 80 ppg, but certainly 65+). It has been one of my disappointments this season that our ability to encourage tempo is one of them. One of the unsung players in that role is Brian Moore. As thin as we are in the post, we are as thin at the point with only two PGs on the roster. He was desperately missed in the SIU game. I say that knowing full well he isn’t averaging a ton on the stat book. The reality is that matchups are important and Moore was one of our better potential matchups.
RacerJoeD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » January 5th, 2023, 2:09 pm

RacerJoeD wrote:As we rebuild our roster, you will see our desire for tempo (not necessarily 80 ppg, but certainly 65+). It has been one of my disappointments this season that our ability to encourage tempo is one of them. One of the unsung players in that role is Brian Moore. As thin as we are in the post, we are as thin at the point with only two PGs on the roster. He was desperately missed in the SIU game. I say that knowing full well he isn’t averaging a ton on the stat book. The reality is that matchups are important and Moore was one of our better potential matchups.

One game alert - but I liked Moore better than Wood last night. I thought he was more effective at what the team needed.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby RacerJoeD » January 5th, 2023, 2:35 pm

His skillset is unique on our roster. Wood is a good player, but is really more of a combo guard than a pure point guard. Moore is a slasher, but the transition from JUCO to D1 as a point guard is a tough one and he has struggled. I’m hoping he is ready to take that next step in his development along side four star freshmen Sam Murray and Justin Morgan.
RacerJoeD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby usmcsaluki » January 5th, 2023, 5:57 pm

RacerJoeD wrote:His skillset is unique on our roster. Wood is a good player, but is really more of a combo guard than a pure point guard. Moore is a slasher, but the transition from JUCO to D1 as a point guard is a tough one and he has struggled. I’m hoping he is ready to take that next step in his development along side four star freshmen Sam Murray and Justin Morgan.

Wow, Murray was a 4-star recruit?
usmcsaluki
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby RacerJoeD » January 5th, 2023, 6:07 pm

RacerJoeD
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball