MVC Games Week 9

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC Games Week 9

Postby siudawgs » January 5th, 2023, 9:30 am

DUBulldog wrote:
SalukiWorld wrote:Domask just put SIU on his back. Both teams shoot 33.3% but SIU takes it on the back of Domask. No idea what's up with Drake..

Yeah, Drake fans also have no idea what's up with Drake, other than that they have no clue how to win close games. And, the halfcourt offense is way beyond innefective.

That was no beauty contest last night, but generally speaking, that's how SIU likes it. Can't believe Penn went 1-15 from the floor. What's up with Samake? I saw he played a few games ago but not since? I liked his upside a couple years ago and Drake's bench isn't exactly deep.
siudawgs
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby SalukiBand » January 5th, 2023, 9:46 am

Welcome back, Floorburn U!!!

Last 3 Valley games, points allowed:

At Murray St. - 57

vs. Belmont - 45

vs. Drake - 49
SalukiBand
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Drakey » January 5th, 2023, 10:03 am

SalukiWorld wrote:Domask just put SIU on his back. Both teams shoot 33.3% but SIU takes it on the back of Domask. No idea what's up with Drake..

Calhoun held Domask essentially scoreless. For some odd reason we pulled him nd assigned Sturtz to Domask at which point Domask scored or assisted every possession. If that move had not been made I'm pretty sure Drake would have won the game.
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Postby hot nuts » January 5th, 2023, 10:17 am

BCPanther wrote:
Let's see where they're at after the SIU, at Mo State, Bradley, at Murray, at Drake, UNI stretch that's coming up.

The Drake and SIU wins were forever ago and they've had the softest re-start to league play imaginable plus the USI and NIU losses.

Good points! I'm just getting 2008 Drake Bulldog vibes from this team. I'm usually wrong on this stuff and probably am again.
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby PretzelDawg » January 5th, 2023, 10:18 am

DUBulldog wrote:

Yeah, Drake fans also have no idea what's up with Drake, other than that they have no clue how to win close games. And, the halfcourt offense is way beyond innefective.

They lost on the road to 3 of the top 4 teams in the conference. Drake will be fine. Expect a long winning streak now.
PretzelDawg
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Adunk33 » January 5th, 2023, 11:12 am

hot nuts wrote:
BCPanther wrote:
Let's see where they're at after the SIU, at Mo State, Bradley, at Murray, at Drake, UNI stretch that's coming up.

The Drake and SIU wins were forever ago and they've had the softest re-start to league play imaginable plus the USI and NIU losses.

Good points! I'm just getting 2008 Drake Bulldog vibes from this team. I'm usually wrong on this stuff and probably am again.

Ah yes, the 2008 Drake team that waltzed into a 5 seed of the NCAA tournament just to lose to #12 WKU.
Adunk33
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » January 5th, 2023, 11:18 am

Adunk33 wrote:
hot nuts wrote:
BCPanther wrote:

Ah yes, the 2008 Drake team that waltzed into a 5 seed of the NCAA tournament just to lose to #12 WKU.

Drake had that game won but WKU hit a circus buzzer beater.

San Diego upset UConn so Drake had a straight shot to UCLA in the Sweet 16.

I vaguely recall reading about a former Drake player (or was it superfan?) who was about 100 years old and attended that 2008 NCAA game.

That Drake team came out of nowhere. They were picked like 9th preseason and came out of the gates buzzsawing either Iowa or Iowa St.

What comes of Keno’s career if he never leaves Drake?
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SalukiWorld » January 5th, 2023, 11:40 am

Drakey wrote:

Calhoun held Domask essentially scoreless. For some odd reason we pulled him nd assigned Sturtz to Domask at which point Domask scored or assisted every possession. If that move had not been made I'm pretty sure Drake would have won the game.

I have no idea why they weren’t doubling Domask at the end. Jones is the only other guy I would fear on SIU. You take Domask and Jones out of a game and I’m not sure SIU is scoring 45 a night.
SalukiWorld
All MVC
All MVC

Postby RacerJoeD » January 5th, 2023, 11:47 am

Adunk33 wrote:
hot nuts wrote:
BCPanther wrote:

RacerNation, if only on this one point, stands in defense of Drake and will not abide the invocation of that community college built on a bluff (whose academic principles were built on the same), western.
RacerJoeD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BCPanther » January 5th, 2023, 11:51 am

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:
What comes of Keno’s career if he never leaves Drake?

Exactly what it did become unless his dad was going to coach and recruit 3 out of every 4 years.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball