NIL Collective

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: NIL Collective

Postby Herd » January 16th, 2023, 8:42 am

Are MVC schools paying cost of attendance.($4-$6k per) Just curious. I would put that in place before a collective, then pursue a collective if desired.
Herd
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BCPanther » January 16th, 2023, 10:16 am

Herd wrote:Are MVC schools paying cost of attendance.($4-$6k per) Just curious. I would put that in place before a collective, then pursue a collective if desired.

Yes. It's a league requirement for MBB, WBB and VB. The vast majority are also paying it for baseball, softball and track.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby smidge34 » January 16th, 2023, 2:36 pm

SalukiBand wrote:SIU has one that is specifically for football. I don't know if they have any involvement with any other sports of if there is a separate one for other sports.

Same with Murray for next season, I heard through the grapevine they’ve secured a million bucks or $25K each for 40 players. Be interesting to see how that translates on the field. I have no idea what they’re doing for basketball, my info on football came from a solid source.
smidge34
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Kyle_Saluki_17 » January 16th, 2023, 5:12 pm

smidge34 wrote:
SalukiBand wrote:SIU has one that is specifically for football. I don't know if they have any involvement with any other sports of if there is a separate one for other sports.

Same with Murray for next season, I heard through the grapevine they’ve secured a million bucks or $25K each for 40 players. Be interesting to see how that translates on the field. I have no idea what they’re doing for basketball, my info on football came from a solid source.

I would imagine that this would attract enough talent to bring Murray Football up to speed with the MVFC. It’s a tall task, but that is a lot of money.
Kyle_Saluki_17
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Countrypanther » January 16th, 2023, 6:19 pm

Should be plenty of Des Moines $$$ to fund a Bulldog Basketball Collective without football. Plenty of gray haired Attorneys with $$$ to fund it.
Countrypanther
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Countrypanther » January 18th, 2023, 9:49 pm

Countrypanther wrote:Should be plenty of Des Moines $$$ to fund a Bulldog Basketball Collective without football. Plenty of gray haired Attorneys with $$$ to fund it.
Spending Money on DD may not be a good decision.
Countrypanther
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Drakey » January 22nd, 2023, 11:29 am

Countrypanther wrote:
Countrypanther wrote:Should be plenty of Des Moines $$$ to fund a Bulldog Basketball Collective without football. Plenty of gray haired Attorneys with $$$ to fund it.
Spending Money on DD may not be a good decision.

Why?
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Countrypanther » January 22nd, 2023, 11:35 am

DD substitutions and play calls at end of tight games. And inability to recruit past two years. I would still prefer DD over Jake.
Countrypanther
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BCPanther » February 15th, 2023, 9:28 am

UNI's MBB Collective has gone public. $65,000 raised to date.

https://thepanthercollective.com/
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ColonialBulldog » February 15th, 2023, 9:45 am

Countrypanther wrote:DD substitutions and play calls at end of tight games. And inability to recruit past two years. I would still prefer DD over Jake.

Good point. On the one hand DD has five of the six total 20 win seasons for Drake since 1971. But on the other, he is bad at substitutions. You take the bad with the good I guess.

To be fair, substitutions are tough to manage. DD has an inability to recruit and as a result there are no good players at Drake.
ColonialBulldog
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball