Attendance

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Attendance

Postby siudawgs » January 31st, 2023, 2:29 pm

https://twitter.com/WyattWheeler_NL/sta ... 4121475072

This was written about declining attendance and home atmosphere at Missouri State but I'm sure several other fan bases inside and outside of the MVC can relate. Seems like the moral of the story is these days, more creativity/energy behind fan engagement is needed or attendance will likely suffer.
siudawgs
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Bulldog2323 » January 31st, 2023, 9:12 pm

Drake announced today their allotment for Arch Madness is sold out. Looking forward to a very strong Bulldog presence in St. Louis.
Bulldog2323
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » January 31st, 2023, 9:21 pm

Bulldog2323 wrote:Drake announced today their allotment for Arch Madness is sold out. Looking forward to a very strong Bulldog presence in St. Louis.

Terrific news!

They’ve always allotted for overflow sales though and adjust the team block accordingly, so they should be able to keep selling all-session packages.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Kyle_Saluki_17 » January 31st, 2023, 11:00 pm

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:
Bulldog2323 wrote:Drake announced today their allotment for Arch Madness is sold out. Looking forward to a very strong Bulldog presence in St. Louis.

Terrific news!

They’ve always allotted for overflow sales though and adjust the team block accordingly, so they should be able to keep selling all-session packages.

I believe this is correct. SIU sold out I heard and is still selling. We’ve got an entire upper level that hasn’t been used in years. There is definitely room.
Kyle_Saluki_17
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » January 31st, 2023, 11:09 pm

^ I hate the black curtain. An empty upper deck is way better on the eye.

Upper deck 1st row is a great seat, so I hope it opens up again. It was for the Covid Tournament (2021), but otherwise it hasn’t been open since at least 2017.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Kyle_Saluki_17 » January 31st, 2023, 11:48 pm

I could see attendance being good this year. 8 fan bases think they can win. SIU is good. We added Murray. Drake sold out their allotment. Who knows who else did. May be a solid crowd!
Kyle_Saluki_17
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BCPanther » February 1st, 2023, 8:30 am

Kyle_Saluki_17 wrote:I could see attendance being good this year. 8 fan bases think they can win. SIU is good. We added Murray. Drake sold out their allotment. Who knows who else did. May be a solid crowd!

UNI sold their entire allotment and requested more. I'm sure Bradley will have good numbers. Anybody have any idea on Belmont, Missouri State, Illinois State or Indiana State? We know Valpo, Evansville and UIC will be sparse.

If you're on the fence (and I know nobody on this board is) you've got until February 19th to order through the schools.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bradley_townie » February 1st, 2023, 8:31 am

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:

Terrific news!

Yep, I believe each school has a minimum required number to purchase. Thought it was a few hundred or so in past years but not sure if that has changed. They can get assigned more if the demand is there.
bradley_townie
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby SalukiWorld » February 2nd, 2023, 1:04 pm

Haven't been to Arch Madness in awhile but guessing this will be the best attended one maybe since Wichita left. Lot of teams think they have a chance and you get 2 extra fanbases there.
SalukiWorld
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SalukiBand » February 2nd, 2023, 3:57 pm

I won't go back until they can match the numbers in 2007. :D

What did they have for the championship game? 22,000?
SalukiBand
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball