MVC Games Week 10

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC Games Week 10

Postby hot nuts » January 16th, 2023, 9:40 am

BCPanther wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:
BCPanther wrote:The bottom three are so bad that I don't really think it's much of a disadvantage to be the 5, 6 or 7. You'll get an 'easy' game and knock the big building jitters out of the way on Thursday and then not play a team that's appreciably better than you are on Friday.

I think Illinois State has the ability to put a scare into whoever the 8 is.

Probably an off season discussion but there needs to be a real come to Jesus moment for this league over the summer. Everybody has underachieved to this point.

Problem is coaches don’t like to hear it. They get their shackles up with any suggestions. They all secretly want every team but their own to suck.

Truer words...

I'm confident that whatever school the MVC sends to the NCAA tournament will represent us well. They will have played against some damn tough defenses almost every game. Not the most talented teams but a lot of teams that are well coached and make defense a priority. That is the sort of grind that will make games in the NCAA very winnable.
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Countrypanther » January 16th, 2023, 6:25 pm

Bulldog2323 wrote:Drake protects the home court with a big win against Bradley tonight.

Very Impressive, especially by the bench. Energy level was outstanding after the first few minutes.
Countrypanther
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Countrypanther » January 18th, 2023, 9:47 pm

Watched the bulldogs lose to the Bears tonight. My opinion this loss was on Coach DeVries. Stupid to not double down on Clay when he's backing Brodie down. And the stupidity of running ISO for Tucker who won' pass when doubled. Almost as bad as watching Coach Jake play Born at pt guard.
Countrypanther
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball