MVC Games Week 13

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC Games Week 13

Postby Countrypanther » February 2nd, 2023, 12:07 am

BCPanther wrote:
Countrypanther wrote:
Kyle_Saluki_17 wrote:Bowen Born is absolutely ridiculous. Holy cow…

Incredible clutch shots by Born along with 4 TOs and 1 Assist. And a loss to the instate rival. Panthers will be playing on Drake Night.

Shocker that the moron that thought AJ Green couldn't play doesn't understand Bowen Born or how the new tournament format works. Crawl back into the hole you live in.

Grow up and learn to independently think. Top 4 teams get byes. Panthers won't be top 4
Countrypanther
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Countrypanther » February 2nd, 2023, 12:52 am

Eldon Miller was a friend. i have Nurse and Mac's cell numbers. Do you kids even know Jason Reece or Maurice Newby?
Countrypanther
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Khan4Cats » February 2nd, 2023, 6:22 am

Countrypanther wrote:Eldon Miller was a friend. i have Nurse and Mac's cell numbers. Do you kids even know Jason Reece or Maurice Newby?

I have no idea who the heck Jason Reece is but I do remember watching UNI's all-time leading scorer Jason Reese play.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby jsaluki080 » February 2nd, 2023, 7:27 am

Khan4Cats wrote:
Countrypanther wrote:Eldon Miller was a friend. i have Nurse and Mac's cell numbers. Do you kids even know Jason Reece or Maurice Newby?

I have no idea who the heck Jason Reece is but I do remember watching UNI's all-time leading scorer Jason Reese play.
Attachments
stephen-colbert-popcorn.gif
stephen-colbert-popcorn.gif (136.87 KiB) Viewed 1132 times
jsaluki080
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby DUBulldog » February 2nd, 2023, 7:31 am

I didn't hear the post-game show, but apparently DeVries said he does not believe in fouling late when up 3 points :huh:
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » February 2nd, 2023, 7:36 am

DeVries likes the entertainment like we all do.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ValleyFAN » February 2nd, 2023, 7:54 am

The Bears held off Valpo last night without Donovan Clay, who missed the game at the last minute due to illness. Was a weird game in that each team had big stretches of the game with dominant play. The Bears built multiple leads of 8 points, and I think Valpo led by 9 at one point as well. The Bears seemed dead in the water down 7 with just a few minutes left but Oklahoma transfer PG Alston Mason put the team on his back with some key buckets and forced overtime, where the Bears dominated. Mason's play has really elevated the last couple of weeks as he's been featured in a more prominent role. He played all 45 minutes last night without coming off the floor.

Valpo did some good things to lead for big portions of the game and then rally to re-take the lead midway through the second half after the Bears came out swinging. Krikke is so hard to shut down and Kobe King did some nice things at times. Green stepped up and hit some huge second half shots. I dont know why Valpo allowed Mason to be left wide open beyond the arc so often in the games final minutes. Just seems like perhaps the final nail in the coffin for Matt Lottich.

Big win for Missouri State considering the logjam in the standings and the fact that a good and excitable group of students showed up. Wyatt Wheeler in the News-Leader wrote a great article, albeit painful to read, about the poor atmosphere and fan support at Bears home games and I think some of the students took it to heart. They made a difference last night.
ValleyFAN
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby tribecalledquest » February 2nd, 2023, 7:55 am

DUBulldog wrote:I didn't hear the post-game show, but apparently DeVries said he does not believe in fouling late when up 3 points :huh:

That is really, really dumb. And not supported by any actual logic or information.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Saluki 4 Life » February 2nd, 2023, 8:40 am

ValleyFAN wrote:The Bears held off Valpo last night without Donovan Clay, who missed the game at the last minute due to illness. Was a weird game in that each team had big stretches of the game with dominant play. The Bears built multiple leads of 8 points, and I think Valpo led by 9 at one point as well. The Bears seemed dead in the water down 7 with just a few minutes left but Oklahoma transfer PG Alston Mason put the team on his back with some key buckets and forced overtime, where the Bears dominated. Mason's play has really elevated the last couple of weeks as he's been featured in a more prominent role. He played all 45 minutes last night without coming off the floor.

Valpo did some good things to lead for big portions of the game and then rally to re-take the lead midway through the second half after the Bears came out swinging. Krikke is so hard to shut down and Kobe King did some nice things at times. Green stepped up and hit some huge second half shots. I dont know why Valpo allowed Mason to be left wide open beyond the arc so often in the games final minutes. Just seems like perhaps the final nail in the coffin for Matt Lottich.

Big win for Missouri State considering the logjam in the standings and the fact that a good and excitable group of students showed up. Wyatt Wheeler in the News-Leader wrote a great article, albeit painful to read, about the poor atmosphere and fan support at Bears home games and I think some of the students took it to heart. They made a difference last night.
Clay should probably stay home and rest this weekend, too.
Saluki 4 Life
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Majik45 » February 2nd, 2023, 9:56 am

tribecalledquest wrote:
DUBulldog wrote:I didn't hear the post-game show, but apparently DeVries said he does not believe in fouling late when up 3 points :huh:

That is really, really dumb. And not supported by any actual logic or information.

I'm not a big fan of the fouling when up 3, but I've changed my mind when you are under about 5-6 seconds. There was no excuse not to foul at the end of regulation with 3.8 seconds left going the length of the court.
Majik45
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball