MVC Games Week 14

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC Games Week 14

Postby SalukiWorld » February 11th, 2023, 3:10 pm

Salukimadness86 wrote:
SalukiWorld wrote:I actually feel bad for Drake fans. They probably expected a competitive game today and they're currently up 32-9 over SIU.

SIU just isn't a good team. Huge disappointment for me barring an Arch Madness win.

Does this mean you won't be donating your annual $20.00 to SIU Athletics? Asking for a friend.

SIU should feel lucky if anyone cares enough to donate $20 to their athletics program after the last 15 years.
SalukiWorld
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby tribecalledquest » February 11th, 2023, 4:29 pm

Of course this could come back and make me look dumb - but I think Drake and Bradley are just a bit above the rest of the group. The Sycs might be the 3rd best team in the league. Schertz has done a great job.

Going to be a fun last two weeks.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby racernation » February 11th, 2023, 4:32 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:Of course this could come back and make me look dumb - but I think Drake and Bradley are just a bit above the rest of the group. The Sycs might be the 3rd best team in the league. Schertz has done a great job.

Going to be a fun last two weeks.

Murray would make Evansville look Top 4 right now. :D

But yes, I agree that these two are separating themselves. The Racers are doing their darndest to get out of the Top 8.
racernation
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby 30ASaluki » February 12th, 2023, 5:23 am

Salukimadness86 wrote:
SalukiWorld wrote:I actually feel bad for Drake fans. They probably expected a competitive game today and they're currently up 32-9 over SIU.

SIU just isn't a good team. Huge disappointment for me barring an Arch Madness win.

Does this mean you won't be donating your annual $20.00 to SIU Athletics? Asking for a friend.

He is not exactly a pinnacle of brightness.
30ASaluki
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby bradley_townie » February 12th, 2023, 10:34 am

Bradley has figured something out and is playing at a high level right now.

Ville off the bench going 6-6 from 3 was unexpected. He's been struggling this year but looked like his old self last night. Hickman looked like the guy that got voted to the All-Freshman team his past couple games. Zek Montgomery is giving high quality minutes.

Murray St. looked like they were going to give Bradley problems early in this one and had the lead until the 4 minute mark in the first half. Then once Bradley went on a run, they never looked back. Murray made 8 FGs the first 12 minutes and 5 the rest of the game.

If Bradley's backcourt can keep producing at a high level, this is a dangerous team that can score a number of different ways. Combine that with the best defense in the MVC and Bradley will be a tough out in Arch Madness.
bradley_townie
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Salukimadness86 » February 12th, 2023, 3:25 pm

30ASaluki wrote:
Salukimadness86 wrote:

He is not exactly a pinnacle of brightness.

When he posts here, the glass is always half empty and he's a debbie downer for sure. Listen to his Podcasts, of which he takes everything from Twitter or the internet, and he's the complete opposite. Needs those followers I guess. :buddies:
Salukimadness86
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Bulldog2323 » February 12th, 2023, 4:24 pm

So is Evansville now good or is Missouri State too distracted?
Bulldog2323
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BCPanther » February 12th, 2023, 8:40 pm

Bulldog2323 wrote:So is Evansville now good or is Missouri State too distracted?

David Ragland deserves coach of the year votes to still have them playing hard.

I'm not kidding.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SalukiWorld » February 12th, 2023, 10:17 pm

Salukimadness86 wrote:
When he posts here, the glass is always half empty and he's a debbie downer for sure. Listen to his Podcasts, of which he takes everything from Twitter or the internet, and he's the complete opposite. Needs those followers I guess. :buddies:

I don't have a podcast
SalukiWorld
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Majik45 » February 13th, 2023, 9:23 am

BCPanther wrote:
Bulldog2323 wrote:So is Evansville now good or is Missouri State too distracted?

David Ragland deserves coach of the year votes to still have them playing hard.

I'm not kidding.

And the Evansville fan base deserves some credit too with their attendance numbers. 4,500 people still showing up to games with a team that's now 1-15 in the conference.
Majik45
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball