MVC Games Week 14

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC Games Week 14

Postby SalukiBand » February 13th, 2023, 10:09 am

Majik45 wrote:
BCPanther wrote:
Bulldog2323 wrote:So is Evansville now good or is Missouri State too distracted?

David Ragland deserves coach of the year votes to still have them playing hard.

I'm not kidding.

And the Evansville fan base deserves some credit too with their attendance numbers. 4,500 people still showing up to games with a team that's now 1-15 in the conference.

I'm wondering who's cookin the books at Evansville? I didn't watch much of that game but it didn't look like there was anything close to 4,500 in the building yesterday.
SalukiBand
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Kyle_Saluki_17 » February 13th, 2023, 10:21 am

SalukiBand wrote:
Majik45 wrote:
I'm wondering who's cookin the books at Evansville? I didn't watch much of that game but it didn't look like there was anything close to 4,500 in the building yesterday.

I’ve pointed this out before but have been called ridiculous by Aces fans. Even their own board acknowledged that the Aces give away tickets to local businesses (and they aren’t used) and count them as tickets sold. A 4,500 crowd at SIU is realistically around 4,000. A 4,500 crowd at the Ford Center is realistically 1,000 or less.
Kyle_Saluki_17
All MVC
All MVC

Postby E-Villan » February 13th, 2023, 1:06 pm

You get called ridiculous for saying ridiculous things like there were 1,000 at the Ford Center. I was there yesterday, you weren't. The lower bowl holds around 6K. A fair estimation would have the lower bowl 45 to 50% filled, as such, would put butts in the seats around 3K. That doesn't include the suites, or bar areas. 30% of a 10K arena will look empty, and it is certainly below our standards.

TV appears worse because end zones aren't sold until the sidelines are full..which again, they obviously were not yesterday.

From what I understand, nearly everyone counts tickets sold. There have been group tickets sold, but not given away as you also ridiculously proclaim. I don't know how SIU does it, nor do I obsess about it either. Even at 3K the fact that many showed up on a beautiful Super Bowl Sunday after what this program has been through is impressive.
E-Villan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DUBulldog » February 13th, 2023, 2:43 pm

E-Villan wrote:You get called ridiculous for saying ridiculous things like there were 1,000 at the Ford Center. I was there yesterday, you weren't. The lower bowl holds around 6K. A fair estimation would have the lower bowl 45 to 50% filled, as such, would put butts in the seats around 3K. That doesn't include the suites, or bar areas. 30% of a 10K arena will look empty, and it is certainly below our standards.

TV appears worse because end zones aren't sold until the sidelines are full..which again, they obviously were not yesterday.

From what I understand, nearly everyone counts tickets sold. There have been group tickets sold, but not given away as you also ridiculously proclaim. I don't know how SIU does it, nor do I obsess about it either. Even at 3K the fact that many showed up on a beautiful Super Bowl Sunday after what this program has been through is impressive.

Drake apparently counts tickets used....and they seem to be undercounting at a lot of games. Announced attendance for SIU games was 4800+, which is about 70% of capacity. Most people I talked to who were at the game guessed that the arena was ~90% full.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kyle_Saluki_17 » February 13th, 2023, 2:43 pm

E-Villan wrote:You get called ridiculous for saying ridiculous things like there were 1,000 at the Ford Center. I was there yesterday, you weren't. The lower bowl holds around 6K. A fair estimation would have the lower bowl 45 to 50% filled, as such, would put butts in the seats around 3K. That doesn't include the suites, or bar areas. 30% of a 10K arena will look empty, and it is certainly below our standards.

Just curious, does Evansville have an on campus arena that they don’t use?
Kyle_Saluki_17
All MVC
All MVC

Postby E-Villan » February 13th, 2023, 2:57 pm

Kyle_Saluki_17 wrote:

No. I wish we had something like Bradley has, at least for a retro game or for the women's team. There is a fieldhouse on campus that the women's basketball and volleyball team play in. It's entirely too small to ever be used for anything more than it is. The simple truth is the campus is somewhat landlocked, especially for a sizeable project like an arena. There really isn't a need though, the Ford Center is exactly 2.0 miles down the same street from the door of Carson Center (the athletics building) to the main entrance.
E-Villan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BuBrave2006 » February 13th, 2023, 3:12 pm

E-Villan wrote:
Kyle_Saluki_17 wrote:

No. I wish we had something like Bradley has, at least for a retro game or for the women's team. There is a fieldhouse on campus that the women's basketball and volleyball team play in. It's entirely too small to ever be used for anything more than it is. The simple truth is the campus is somewhat landlocked, especially for a sizeable project like an arena. There really isn't a need though, the Ford Center is exactly 2.0 miles down the same street from the door of Carson Center (the athletics building) to the main entrance.

Bradley's on campus arena would be absolutely perfect if it had 2,000 more seats.
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BCPanther » February 13th, 2023, 3:25 pm

BuBrave2006 wrote:
Bradley's on campus arena would be absolutely perfect if it had 2,000 more seats.

Your describing the McLeod Center, Knapp Center and Curb Center...
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bradley_townie » February 13th, 2023, 3:55 pm

BCPanther wrote:
BuBrave2006 wrote:

Yes, it's too bad they didn't try to squeeze in more seats when they built the Renaissance Coliseum. There was apparently an engineering study done that said more seats could be added, but that would be a huge investment. The Civic Center seats 11k+ and looks run down and tired. It's a pretty poor gameday atmosphere when less than half the building is full.
bradley_townie
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BuBrave2006 » February 13th, 2023, 4:16 pm

bradley_townie wrote:
BCPanther wrote:
BuBrave2006 wrote:

Yes, it's too bad they didn't try to squeeze in more seats when they built the Renaissance Coliseum. There was apparently an engineering study done that said more seats could be added, but that would be a huge investment. The Civic Center seats 11k+ and looks run down and tired. It's a pretty poor gameday atmosphere when less than half the building is full.

Really curious what the atmosphere will be like on Senior day against Drake, especially if both teams can manage to get to 15-4. Would be something.
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball