Anyone know when the gametimes for 2/26 will be announced?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby dean_siu » February 7th, 2023, 1:58 pm

I'm looking to attend the UIC vs SIU game, but its difficult to plan when i don't know what time they are playing. Thanks for any help.
dean_siu
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Anyone know when the gametimes for 2/26 will be announce

Postby SalukiBand » February 7th, 2023, 2:10 pm

Probably the middle of next week. Southern found out today what time the Bradley is on the 19th.
SalukiBand
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby SalukiWorld » February 7th, 2023, 2:10 pm

MVC site has it listed at 2 PM
SalukiWorld
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BCPanther » February 7th, 2023, 2:14 pm

dean_siu wrote:I'm looking to attend the UIC vs SIU game, but its difficult to plan when i don't know what time they are playing. Thanks for any help.

After the round of games on 2/15.

ESPN and CBS will want to wait all the way up to their 10 day window. MVC-TV (Bally) gets the third pick. The other three games are home team retained.

Looking at the schedule, it seems pretty likely that the Drake/Bradley and Belmont/UNI games will get the national slots (11 AM on CBS and 1 PM on ESPN2). I'd imagine that Missouri State/Indiana State gets the Bally spot (1 PM on MVC-TV) and that the other three, SIU/UIC, Valpo/Murray, Evansville/Illinois State are home team retained.

Regardless of network, all of those games will be played early afternoon. Ending the season a day later and everybody having to be in St Louis a day earlier (Awards Dinner is now Wednesday Night) is going to make everybody want to get as many hours between games as possible.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Saluki 4 Life » February 7th, 2023, 2:24 pm

BCPanther wrote:
dean_siu wrote:I'm looking to attend the UIC vs SIU game, but its difficult to plan when i don't know what time they are playing. Thanks for any help.

ESPN and CBS will want to wait all the way up to their 10 day window. MVC-TV (Bally) gets the third pick. The other three games are home team retained.

Looking at the schedule, it seems pretty likely that the Drake/Bradley and Belmont/UNI games will get the national slots (11 AM on CBS and 1 PM on ESPN2). I'd imagine that Missouri State/Indiana State gets the Bally spot (1 PM on MVC-TV) and that the other three, SIU/UIC, Valpo/Murray, Evansville/Illinois State are home team retained.

Regardless of network, all of those games will be played early afternoon. Ending the season a day later and everybody having to be in St Louis a day earlier (Awards Dinner is now Wednesday Night) is going to make everybody want to get as many hours between games as possible.
Just depends how it shakes out, if SIU is in a scenario where a win would secure winning or tying at the top of the conference it would easily bump MSU/ISU... The other 2 seem obvious, but Bally would love to have a chance to show a team potentially winning a title.
Saluki 4 Life
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Majik45 » February 7th, 2023, 2:37 pm

I can't imagine a scenario where a team is playing for the regular season valley title, and they aren't on some sort of regular TV. The powers that be are probably hoping the Bradley/Drake game fits that mold as it's probably the game that would play best nationally. SIU has a very easy schedule compared to others though, so I have a hard time believing they won't be playing for at least a share of the title on the 26th.
Majik45
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BCPanther » February 7th, 2023, 3:17 pm

Saluki 4 Life wrote:
BCPanther wrote:

Just depends how it shakes out, if SIU is in a scenario where a win would secure winning or tying at the top of the conference it would easily bump MSU/ISU... The other 2 seem obvious, but Bally would love to have a chance to show a team potentially winning a title.

You're right. Just a bummer that game will be in front of an empty arena against a bad team.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SalukiBand » February 7th, 2023, 3:26 pm

BCPanther wrote:
Saluki 4 Life wrote:
BCPanther wrote:

You're right. Just a bummer that game will be in front of an empty arena against a bad team.

There's a very good chance that there will be more SIU fans there that afternoon than UIC fans. There are more than 40,000 SIU alums in the Chicago area.
SalukiBand
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BCPanther » February 7th, 2023, 3:34 pm

I don't think there's any doubt that there will be more SIU fans there.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SalukiWorld » February 13th, 2023, 10:20 pm

https://mvc-sports.com/news/2023/2/13/m ... eb-26.aspx
Sunday, Feb. 26
Belmont at UNI (CBS Sports Network), 11:30 a.m. CT
Missouri State at Indiana State (ESPN+), 1 p.m. CT
Southern Illinois at UIC (MVC TV), 1 p.m. CT
Evansville at Illinois State (ESPN+), 2 p.m. CT
Valparaiso at Murray State (ESPN+), 3 p.m. CT