Dana Ford Accusation

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Dana Ford Accusation

Postby BEARZ77 » February 9th, 2023, 3:14 pm

It's a terrible thing no matter what. If guilty, even if it's just poor judgement about statements or gestures , it's indefensible in his position and I have zero sympathy. But if not, he will still pay a huge price in reputation and opportunity going forward. I don't know how he gets past this in a community like Springfield. Sad day for the Bear's program; obviously main concerns are for the possible victim, Coach Ford's family , but also for these players whose lives will also be impacted hugely. My heart hurts today.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ValleyFAN » February 9th, 2023, 7:54 pm

And this is why this happened in September but we’re just now hearing about it…

“In a statement Thursday evening through his attorney Joe Passanise, Ford said the allegations were untrue, adding that he was paired with other participants during the golf tournament who did not corroborate the woman's account of what happened.”
ValleyFAN
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby ValleyFAN » February 9th, 2023, 8:42 pm

“I felt compelled to respond to the serious allegations made today and to correct some factual errors. The golf tournament mentioned in the article took place last September. During that tournament, I was on a team with three other players. None of those participants corroborated the allegation referenced because it didn’t happen.

“The university investigated this situation when it was reported. The university found no evidence to support these false allegations. I participated fully with that investigation. These false allegations are particularly disturbing in light of the fact that my wife and I have spent much of our lives fighting domestic violence against women and children through our nonprofit Rebound Foundation.

“The goal of this statement is to provide my position. Missouri State University and my wife stand with me. My hope is that those who support Missouri State Athletics will continue to support the outstanding athletes whom I have the privilege of coaching.”
ValleyFAN
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Dawgbit » February 10th, 2023, 8:29 pm

ValleyFAN wrote:And this is why this happened in September but we’re just now hearing about it…

“In a statement Thursday evening through his attorney Joe Passanise, Ford said the allegations were untrue, adding that he was paired with other participants during the golf tournament who did not corroborate the woman's account of what happened.”

I find it exceedingly curious that the accuser waited 5 months.
Dawgbit
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » February 10th, 2023, 8:30 pm

BCPanther wrote:Good news for Dana is that New Mexico State is certainly going to be open and that has become the ultimate image rehab job.

NMSU tonight just shut down their program Dave Bliss-style. There were a lot of mid-major fans begging their school to hire Heiar.
https://twitter.com/colindeavertv/statu ... cFTbbq_GQg
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » February 10th, 2023, 8:31 pm

Dawgbit wrote:
ValleyFAN wrote:And this is why this happened in September but we’re just now hearing about it…

I find it exceedingly curious that the accuser waited 5 months.

She went to the university right away and the police afterward. She just didn’t go public until 5 months later.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball