Way too early look at next year

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Way too early look at next year

Postby Adunk33 » February 25th, 2023, 5:03 pm

Adunk33 wrote:I put this together for Redbirdfan.net regarding ILSTs scholarship players. Apologies for the formatting, MVCFans doesn't appear to have a chart function.

Seneca Knight and Colton Sandage are the only two with zero eligibility remaining.

Player 18-19 19-20 20-21 21-22 22-23 23-24 24-25 25-26
Luke Kasubke NA NA K State K State ILST Eligible Eligible NO
Malachi Poindexter NA NA VA VA ILST Eligible Eligible NO
Alston Andrews NA NA ILST ILST ILST Eligible Eligible NO
Darius Burford NA NA Elon Elon ILST Eligible Eligible NO
Liam McChesney NA RS USU USU* ILST ILST Eligible Eligible Maybe
Kendall Lewis NA App St App St ILST ILST Eligible NO NO
Harouna Sissoko NA RS ILST ILST ILST ILST Eligible Eligible NO
Alex Kotov Palm Beach State Daytona St** ILST RS ILST ILST Eligible Maybe NO
Joe Petrakis Dodge City RS K State K State WCU ILST Eligible NO NO
Ryan Schmitt NA DMACC DMACC ILST ILST Eligible NO NO

*Played in 3 games before seasoning ending injury, possible medical RS

** Played in 2 games before season-ending injury, possible medical RS

If Kotov and McChesney were granted a medical RS, then they both have an additional year as referenced by "maybe" in the chart.

Sissoko and Kotov are the two with eligibility remaining that have chosen to go through tomorrows senior day activities. Pedon said that doesn’t officially mean anything and they’ll have conversations after the season but I get the sense they won’t be back. I’m guessing two more defections and Pedon filling 4 scholarships in the spring.
Adunk33
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby SalukiHoops » February 26th, 2023, 3:22 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
SalukiWorld wrote:Think the plan was to redshirt Hornecker and then Muila and Ebube both got hurt early in the season and they yanked it. Cade hasn’t looked great even in garbage time though. He needs to have a really productive offseason if he’s going to be a piece next year.

A really good 7-0 kid from Texas isn't going to end up at SIU. That just doesn't happen. 7-0 kids who are huge projects might - but not ones who are close to ready to play.

I never once said I expected Hornecker to be great. But he was respected out of high school as a recruit and is 7 feet tall. He has benefited the team in no way, shape, or form. Not sure why someone wouldn't expect somewhat of an impact based on how he was recruited and his size.
SalukiHoops
SalukiHoops
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby tdawgs87 » April 3rd, 2023, 3:17 pm

Now what do SIU fans think. The best with Domask was a squeaker by a rebuilding MSU in the quarters and a blowout in the semifinal round and now it is looking like a rebuild again. :roll:
tdawgs87
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Salukimadness86 » April 3rd, 2023, 6:59 pm

tdawgs87 wrote:Now what do SIU fans think. The best with Domask was a squeaker by a rebuilding MSU in the quarters and a blowout in the semifinal round and now it is looking like a rebuild again. :roll:

My thoughts will be dictated by the recruitment/replacement over the next month, as well as many other Saluki fans. Losing Coach Monaghan adds to the urgency. This is a very important time for BM and his entire staff. Year five is critical.
Salukimadness86
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ali » May 6th, 2023, 9:34 am

So who is the favorite? Probably Drake in my opinion just because Devries is back, but I don't think D+ is a slam dunk pick for the top spot. Better question might be if the Valley can rise up some and get back to being a multi-bid league.
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Drakey » May 6th, 2023, 11:07 am

Ali wrote:So who is the favorite? Probably Drake in my opinion just because Devries is back, but I don't think D+ is a slam dunk pick for the top spot. Better question might be if the Valley can rise up some and get back to being a multi-bid league.

The Bulldogs lost a lot and it looks like other teams have added a lot.
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUBulldog » May 6th, 2023, 11:46 am

Ali wrote:So who is the favorite? Probably Drake in my opinion just because Devries is back, but I don't think D+ is a slam dunk pick for the top spot. Better question might be if the Valley can rise up some and get back to being a multi-bid league.

Drake still has 5 or 6 scholarships open, depending on whether Brodie gets a redshirt for his second season at Seton Hall. Way, way too many unknowns to put Drake as the favorite.

Just curious, how many scholarship do other MVC schools have open? I'm pretty sure Illinois State has filled all of their's.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SalukiWorld » May 6th, 2023, 1:57 pm

DUBulldog wrote:

Drake still has 5 or 6 scholarships open, depending on whether Brodie gets a redshirt for his second season at Seton Hall. Way, way too many unknowns to put Drake as the favorite.

Just curious, how many scholarship do other MVC schools have open? I'm pretty sure Illinois State has filled all of their's.

SIU has 5 open and is the only Valley school to not add anyone in the portal.
SalukiWorld
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Drakey » May 6th, 2023, 8:08 pm

DUBulldog wrote:

Looks like everybody has a pretty full roster except for Drake, SIU, Evansville and Valpo. Only SIU and Drake have 5 or more scholarships to fill.
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Postby AD1770 » May 6th, 2023, 8:14 pm

Drakey wrote:
DUBulldog wrote:

Looks like everybody has a pretty full roster except for Drake, SIU, Evansville and Valpo. Only SIU and Drake have 5 or more scholarships to fill.

As of this moment, Evansville only has one available scholarship, and all their players have signed. Much better shape than in years past.
AD1770
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball