Way too early look at next year

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Way too early look at next year

Postby ValleyFAN » February 21st, 2023, 5:36 am

So Darnell Brodie is now coming back for a 6th year of college basketball? That’s the most Drake thing I’ve ever heard.
ValleyFAN
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Bulldog4life24 » February 21st, 2023, 1:22 pm

ValleyFAN wrote:So Darnell Brodie is now coming back for a 6th year of college basketball? That’s the most Drake thing I’ve ever heard.

Nothing official has come out. I do know originally he had applied for a redshirt for the 19-20 season at Seton Hall. I believe everyone was under the impression that didn’t work out, but perhaps with Covid something changed. If he does come back it definitely means Drake has one less piece to go portal shopping for
Bulldog4life24
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby SalukiWorld » February 21st, 2023, 1:44 pm

SIU is honoring all their Seniors but Xavier Johnson (according to their website). No word on if the others are going to be back (Domask, Jones, Brown).
SalukiWorld
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » February 21st, 2023, 1:47 pm

SalukiWorld wrote:SIU is honoring all their Seniors but Xavier Johnson (according to their website). No word on if the others are going to be back (Domask, Jones, Brown).

Lance Jones got benched for the last 15 minutes of the Bradley game and pouted. I don’t see why he would come back. And does Domask want to sign up for another year of 58-54 games? Go somewhere and win.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » February 21st, 2023, 2:47 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
SalukiWorld wrote:SIU is honoring all their Seniors but Xavier Johnson (according to their website). No word on if the others are going to be back (Domask, Jones, Brown).

Lance Jones got benched for the last 15 minutes of the Bradley game and pouted. I don’t see why he would come back. And does Domask want to sign up for another year of 58-54 games? Go somewhere and win.

I'm guessing Domask is going to be cashing checks in Europe next year. Get that bag, kid...
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » February 21st, 2023, 3:20 pm

BCPanther wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:

I'm guessing Domask is going to be cashing checks in Europe next year. Get that bag, kid...

As will Rienk Mast more than likely. Rienk technically has two years left but he is graduating this spring.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Saluki 4 Life » February 21st, 2023, 3:25 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:

Don't think he was pouting, he has had a bad month... I think he is just frustrated. Domask will have options but I know he loves SIU, Mullins and coming back is definitely still on the table.
Saluki 4 Life
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby tribecalledquest » February 21st, 2023, 7:25 pm

Saluki 4 Life wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:

Don't think he was pouting, he has had a bad month... I think he is just frustrated. Domask will have options but I know he loves SIU, Mullins and coming back is definitely still on the table.

What happened with Foster Wonders? He was touted big time a couple years ago.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » February 21st, 2023, 8:42 pm

It's been assumed that Donovan Clay would not be back for a 5th year, but he and Dalen Ridgnal did not go thru senior nite recognition tonite. That left only Kendle Moore a 5th year guy, and he opted out having gone thru senior nite at Colorado State last year. I asked AD Kyle Moats about it and he just said "Donnie has another year". Doesn't mean yes, but we assumed a no previously.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SalukiWorld » February 21st, 2023, 8:50 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:What happened with Foster Wonders? He was touted big time a couple years ago.

SIU essentially has gone all in on winning this year and basically play all Seniors (only non-Seniors that play is Rupert, D'Amico, and Banks). Wonders hasn't looked good when he's played but his minutes were inconsistent all year when he did. They burned 3-star 7 footer Cade Hornecker's redshirt too and don't even try him in blowouts. SIU does have a highly-touted recruit for next year coming in who I think will make an impact (Kennard Davis Jr.) but I'm really frustrated with the lack of development coming from Saluki recruits.
SalukiWorld
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball