Way too early look at next year

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby Majik45 » February 10th, 2023, 9:08 am

I couldn't find a good thread to post this under, but things are already looking up for Bradley next year as Malevy Leons says he's coming back next year to use his extra year from Covid. Now if he can just convince his fellow Dutchman Reink Mast to do the same:

https://www.pjstar.com/story/sports/col ... 881887007/
Majik45
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Way too early look at next year

Postby Mikovio » February 10th, 2023, 9:54 am

Rienk stays and Braves should be favorites next year
Mikovio
All MVC
All MVC

Postby usmcsaluki » February 10th, 2023, 10:15 am

Awesome to see, and the same thing could happen at SIU with Marcus and Lance.
usmcsaluki
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BCPanther » February 10th, 2023, 10:44 am

UNI is all back plus Heise and Phyfe. Top 3 recruiting class of the Jake era coming as well.

Should be much more consistent with experience and towards the top of the league.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Bulldog4life24 » February 10th, 2023, 10:45 am

BCPanther wrote:UNI is all back plus Heise and Phyfe. Top 3 recruiting class of the Jake era coming as well.

Should be much more consistent with experience and towards the top of the league.

Is expectation that Phyfe is good to go next year? I'm assuming he's getting a medical redshirt, but the clotting issues are ending? Thats great news if so.
Bulldog4life24
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BCPanther » February 10th, 2023, 10:51 am

Bulldog4life24 wrote:
BCPanther wrote:UNI is all back plus Heise and Phyfe. Top 3 recruiting class of the Jake era coming as well.

Is expectation that Phyfe is good to go next year? I'm assuming he's getting a medical redshirt, but the clotting issues are ending? Thats great news if so.

He should be. They started weening him off the blood thinner after an appointment at Mayo about 10 days ago and gave him the go-ahead to increase activity. He's back doing full conditioning with the team and lifting. Assuming this goes well, he'll be off the blood thinner altogether after his appointment in April and back to full go with contact.

I think the coolest part is that he'll have his doctorate in educational leadership when he's done next year. That guy is going to be one hell of a principal or superintendent.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Saluki 4 Life » February 10th, 2023, 11:16 am

Lance and Marcus are walking at graduation... As I have been told, it's possible he comes back but as an SIU fan I am not counting on it. I think he moves on, personally after what I have been told. I'm sure he hasn't even fully decided yet though.
Saluki 4 Life
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Saluki 4 Life » February 10th, 2023, 11:17 am

Not just UNI but every team year to year you never know who might stay or leave. Hard to look ahead at all.
Saluki 4 Life
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BCPanther » February 10th, 2023, 11:20 am

Saluki 4 Life wrote:

Not just UNI but every team year to year you never know who might stay or leave. Hard to look ahead at all.

UNI has had 2 guys transfer out in the last 8 years and those were much more family related than basketball related. Never say never of course but I'd be floored if anybody with a role on this team transferred, fwiw...
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BruinGrad » February 10th, 2023, 12:56 pm

I'm hearing that Ben Sheppard is not going to use his covid year and will leave at the end of the season. I can't confirm this.
BruinGrad
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball