Next coach to leave?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Next coach to leave?

Postby Little Eddie » August 4th, 2010, 12:51 pm

I'm not certain Counzo is untouchable...no inside scoop here but if they do really well I could see him getting looks. As for Marshall, I think it would have to be a pretty big time gig (a la Turgeon and A&M) for him to consider leaving WSU. Also Les and Lowry likely need to start producing or they definitely could be heading out the door...

If Jank leaves does Judson take over? He's got HC experience...
Little Eddie
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby dgreenwell3 » August 4th, 2010, 12:54 pm

IDk if I would say Lansing is untouchable lol....if he goes defeated....he gone lol...especially with all the interest in the ISU blue job...there were over 50 applicants that were seriousely considerable.....
dgreenwell3
MVC Victory Cigar
MVC Victory Cigar

Postby Little Eddie » August 4th, 2010, 1:04 pm

I wouldn't be upset if ISU went to Conseco and beat Purdue dgreenwell3...
Little Eddie
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Braves4Life » August 4th, 2010, 1:11 pm

Little Eddie wrote:I'm not certain Counzo is untouchable...no inside scoop here but if they do really well I could see him getting looks. As for Marshall, I think it would have to be a pretty big time gig (a la Turgeon and A&M) for him to consider leaving WSU. Also Les and Lowry likely need to start producing or they definitely could be heading out the door...

If Jank leaves does Judson take over? He's got HC experience...

I agree with your assessment Little Eddie. I don't think Jank will have a successful enough year to generate the interest from bigger schools, though.
Braves4Life
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby dgreenwell3 » August 4th, 2010, 1:14 pm

O No I want us to win I just hate the thought of an untouchable coach....everyone can be fired at anytime....
dgreenwell3
MVC Victory Cigar
MVC Victory Cigar

Postby houstontxbrave » August 4th, 2010, 2:18 pm

Jim Les better win within this conference or I think he might be who is let go first. He is working with a new AD and I think has a lot to prove. He cleared out his staff from last year and needs to win now.
houstontxbrave
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby squirrel » August 4th, 2010, 5:27 pm

houstontxbrave wrote:Jim Les better win within this conference or I think he might be who is let go first. He is working with a new AD and I think has a lot to prove. He cleared out his staff from last year and needs to win now.

Jim Les is the Dean. The Dean is simply a nicer term for "Next on the Chopping Block""
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SycamoreFanatic » August 4th, 2010, 6:04 pm

Hasn't the "Jank" been "Normal" longer than he expected to be already? Sure got a nice looking resume, if you don't consider who he has been playing.
SycamoreFanatic
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BirdmanBB » August 5th, 2010, 10:43 am

I think expectations for Lowry are low next season. There are high expectations for Les this year. If they underperform then he is gone.

If Jank comes out of nowhere and wins the conference/tournament I could see him getting some High Major/BCS interest. He still has to prove he can win the big game.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby catkids » August 5th, 2010, 6:28 pm

houstontxbrave wrote:Jim Les better win within this conference or I think he might be who is let go first. He is working with a new AD and I think has a lot to prove. He cleared out his staff from last year and needs to win now.

I think it's a fact, Jim produces about our 4-5 spot or he's back to selling stocks. What we hire next? Some one from Caterpillar or maybe a doctor who played in college.
catkids
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball