MVC Games Week 16

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC Games Week 16

Postby tribecalledquest » February 27th, 2023, 11:21 am

TylerDurden wrote:
squirrel wrote:They hired a new SID for MBB and a couple other sports just over a month ago, and from all accounts doesn't take advice or direction well. And so far, doesn't seem to be willing to put in the work. Probably too busy celebrating to be bothered with the post-game responsibilities.

Too bad. This is a great moment for BU and it's being squandered because of a bad hire.

If I were the AD and invested that much in a program, I'd want a capable person telling the story.

The AD - who is the NCAA Men's D1 basketball committee chair - has been MIA a lot this season. And he clearly does not prioritize this kind of work. I disagree - but it's clearly not something they care about.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BuBrave2006 » February 27th, 2023, 2:25 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
TylerDurden wrote:
squirrel wrote:They hired a new SID for MBB and a couple other sports just over a month ago, and from all accounts doesn't take advice or direction well. And so far, doesn't seem to be willing to put in the work. Probably too busy celebrating to be bothered with the post-game responsibilities.

Too bad. This is a great moment for BU and it's being squandered because of a bad hire.

If I were the AD and invested that much in a program, I'd want a capable person telling the story.

The AD - who is the NCAA Men's D1 basketball committee chair - has been MIA a lot this season. And he clearly does not prioritize this kind of work. I disagree - but it's clearly not something they care about.

Yeah, this is not on the new SID at all. He's done a tremendous job with what he has been given to work with this year. Let's not trash the kid here. He's absolutely so far from a "bad hire."
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TylerDurden » February 27th, 2023, 4:35 pm

BuBrave2006 wrote:Yeah, this is not on the new SID at all. He's done a tremendous job with what he has been given to work with this year. Let's not trash the kid here. He's absolutely so far from a "bad hire."

I don't know this kid or his qualifications before he applied and was given the job, but others have chimed in that he wasn't especially qualified and doesn't want to take advice. That's a bad hire if I've ever seen one and I don't think the word "tremendous" applies to the job he's done, but everyone has their own subjective scale, I guess.

I can agree that this isn't 100% on him. It's not his fault that Bradley hired him if he wasn't qualified. It is his fault if he's not willing to learn the role. Bradley really messed this one up.

Also, there STILL isn't a BU recap of the game on their site and the top article on the home page is about the baseball team. There's a copy/paste of the MVC Arch Madness seeding release.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Postby bradley_townie » February 27th, 2023, 5:15 pm

TylerDurden wrote:
BuBrave2006 wrote:Yeah, this is not on the new SID at all. He's done a tremendous job with what he has been given to work with this year. Let's not trash the kid here. He's absolutely so far from a "bad hire."

I don't know this kid or his qualifications before he applied and was given the job, but others have chimed in that he wasn't especially qualified and doesn't want to take advice. That's a bad hire if I've ever seen one and I don't think the word "tremendous" applies to the job he's done, but everyone has their own subjective scale, I guess.

I can agree that this isn't 100% on him. It's not his fault that Bradley hired him if he wasn't qualified. It is his fault if he's not willing to learn the role. Bradley really messed this one up.

Also, there STILL isn't a BU recap of the game on their site and the top article on the home page is about the baseball team. There's a copy/paste of the MVC Arch Madness seeding release.

You have to navigate to the Men's Basketball page and the recap is there. No idea why it isn't plastered all over the home landing page. No offense to the other sports programs, but the biggest thing to happen to your school in 27 years needs to be the first thing you see when you go to the school's athletics website.

Actually nevermind, the whole recap on the BU site is a copy/paste from the MVC site. Not sure why they don't dedicate resources to pushing out a school specific recap.
bradley_townie
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby squirrel » February 27th, 2023, 6:04 pm

bradley_townie wrote:
TylerDurden wrote:

You have to navigate to the Men's Basketball page and the recap is there. No idea why it isn't plastered all over the home landing page. No offense to the other sports programs, but the biggest thing to happen to your school in 27 years needs to be the first thing you see when you go to the school's athletics website.

Actually nevermind, the whole recap on the BU site is a copy/paste from the MVC site. Not sure why they don't dedicate resources to pushing out a school specific recap.

It's called the dude's paycheck and benefits.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BuBrave2006 » February 28th, 2023, 7:47 am

TylerDurden wrote:

Who did you want Bradley to hire when the person in the previous role left a week before the season started?
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Adunk33 » February 28th, 2023, 8:27 am

BuBrave2006 wrote:
TylerDurden wrote:

Who did you want Bradley to hire when the person in the previous role left a week before the season started?

Honest question...Is BU's athletic comms dept really just one person? They didn't have someone who covers, say, Soccer or VB step in until they could find a permanent replacement? ILST has 4 people dedicated to specific sports and 2 GAs for additional support: https://goredbirds.com/sports/2014/4/14 ... tions.aspx

I'd imagine if the guy who oversees MBB left right before or during MBB season that the person who runs FB would step in.
Adunk33
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » February 28th, 2023, 8:56 am

BuBrave2006 wrote:
TylerDurden wrote:

They could have called any D2/D3 school within 90 miles and gotten their current SID. That’s if the salary was actually a legit one.

That said. They have three people on staff. It should have been an “all hands of deck” situation. The BU athletics webpage should have been plastered with championship stuff. While everyone else went partying after the game their job is to stay back and get the work done.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball