Born

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Born

Postby BCPanther » February 23rd, 2023, 2:49 pm

Bulldog4life24 wrote:BC - If you can keep everyone from this year though, along with your recruiting class (very jealous of it as a Drake fan, btw), and you plug in Phyfe, thats a pretty deep team.

Agree its tough to tell how it translates into wins, but could see you playing 10-11 players any night next year.

Agreed. I'd be shocked if we had any transfers out and getting Heise and Phyfe back is huge.

I fully expect we'll compete for a league title again but we might be 5-7 headed into league play again (Battle 4 Atlantis, at Toledo, Richmond) as everybody figures out their roles.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Birdfan2018 » February 23rd, 2023, 4:48 pm

Dawgbit wrote:
BCPanther wrote:
Saluki 4 Life wrote:Anyone got any info at UNI on Bowen Born? I heard he was held out due to precaution, is he going to play Sunday? Is this the same issue he has been dealing with all year? I was sad to not see him play last night at SIU, was looking forward to watching him, hoping to see him in STL next week.

He's got a left shin and calf injury that he's been playing through for 6 weeks. He's said he's been about 70% for a while now. The calf locked up on him last night.

I imagine he'll try to go Sunday but they'll pull him again if it flares. He's not going to be healthy so it's a matter of managing pain and keeping loose.

I don't expect UNI to win another game this year. The future is really bright here but it's okay that this year is ending. Jake actually did a hell of a job just to win 9 league games.

Jacobson is my second favorite coach in The Valley. He is a quality person who I have always respected.

So who’s your favorite coach?
Birdfan2018
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby PretzelDawg » February 24th, 2023, 10:19 am

I admire that Coach Jacobson isn't willing to go to the portal, but stays committed to the guys he recruited. I wish more coaches would take the same approach. Winning is certainly important, but too many people have jumped into winning being all-important instead of the opportunity to grow young people into quality adults as well. We've missed something on relationships with people by always going to the portal. Those relationships become surface only.
PretzelDawg
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball