Arch Madness Matchups

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Arch Madness Matchups

Postby Tulsa Brave » February 28th, 2023, 3:45 pm

Kyle_Saluki_17 wrote:I know for a fact that SIU won’t be winning 4 games in STL this year. Haha

Had a chance, but lost that game in December at SLU.
Tulsa Brave
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Dawgbit » March 2nd, 2023, 7:38 am

racernation wrote:
Dawgbit wrote:
MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Friday night will be interesting. If Murray gets past Valpo, I imagine we’ll see Dawgbit and the Saluki faithful in the stands rooting hard for Murray over Drake. :D

Oh wow. That would be quite the conundrum, I suppose I would have to pull (silently) for the Racer Trash.

Believe me, we wanted that six seed so we could potentially face SIU-Garbagedale Friday. If we see each other again, we'll be ready. :D

Such confidence! I assume there are no currently incarcerated Murray players? Also, be aware that the STL city cops who will be in the Enterprise Center are not as benevolent as the SIU cops when disgruntled players go into the stands after opposing fans. ;)
Dawgbit
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Fraydog » March 2nd, 2023, 6:23 pm

Gotta love that Murray fans are already talking smack when they have been in the MVC for a hot minute.
Fraydog
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby smidge34 » March 2nd, 2023, 8:04 pm

Fraydog wrote:Gotta love that Murray fans are already talking smack when they have been in the MVC for a hot minute.

That’s because we have played and beat plenty of MVC teams over the years and we aren’t really all that impressed honestly lol. Not a dog toward most SIU fans but Dawgshit talks it all of the time and they haven’t been relevant in college basketball in what a decade+? Why wouldn’t we be talking ish? 8-)
smidge34
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Kyle_Saluki_17 » March 2nd, 2023, 10:03 pm

smidge34 wrote:
Fraydog wrote:Gotta love that Murray fans are already talking smack when they have been in the MVC for a hot minute.

That’s because we have played and beat plenty of MVC teams over the years and we aren’t really all that impressed honestly lol. Not a dog toward most SIU fans but Dawgshit talks it all of the time and they haven’t been relevant in college basketball in what a decade+? Why wouldn’t we be talking ish? 8-)

Congrats on making it to Friday. The real tournament starts Friday (not Thursday against a crap Valpo team) and you’ll learn to be impressed by MVC teams when you get smacked by Drake.
Kyle_Saluki_17
All MVC
All MVC

Postby smidge34 » March 2nd, 2023, 10:20 pm

Kyle_Saluki_17 wrote:
smidge34 wrote:

Congrats on making it to Friday. The real tournament starts Friday (not Thursday against a crap Valpo team) and you’ll learn to be impressed by MVC teams when you get smacked by Drake.

I wouldn’t doubt it, this season was always one with little expectations for us if you have an oz of basketball IQ. Anyway, congrats on a fine season finally.
smidge34
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Kyle_Saluki_17 » March 2nd, 2023, 10:31 pm

smidge34 wrote:
Kyle_Saluki_17 wrote:
smidge34 wrote:

I wouldn’t doubt it, this season was always one with little expectations for us if you have an oz of basketball IQ. Anyway, congrats on a fine season finally.

Still would’ve won the OVC though… Nobody would call this a rebuilding year if Murray wasn’t in the MVC.
Kyle_Saluki_17
All MVC
All MVC

Postby 30ASaluki » March 3rd, 2023, 6:07 am

smidge34 wrote:

Speaking of relevance, when was the last time Murray beat SIU?
30ASaluki
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby smidge34 » March 3rd, 2023, 7:03 am

Look, we haven’t played every year, our top-25 season just last year perfect example so go ahead and cherry-pick a few seasons. Also, if you are happy with your program the last 15 years or so then so am I. Congrats on a fine season finally and leave it at that. ;)
smidge34
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby InvisibleSaluki » March 3rd, 2023, 12:34 pm

I have to think that Indiana State might be in the best position of the Thursday teams as they literally played 13 players yesterday and were up double digits the last 33:something of the game and 20+ the last 13:something.
InvisibleSaluki
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball