Arch Madness quarterfinals - Friday

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Arch Madness quarterfinals - Friday

Postby squirrel » March 3rd, 2023, 3:10 pm

I heard Born fell on the walk from the locker room to the bus, still looking for a foul.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Mikovio » March 3rd, 2023, 3:13 pm

Jacobson tried to get the 2019 DLO flagrant call that last minute but Higgins declined. That would’ve been high irony.
Mikovio
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 3rd, 2023, 4:01 pm

Belmont/ISU is like watching Big XII football. The points never end.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 3rd, 2023, 4:18 pm

You could put Josh Schertz in Belmont attire and Casey Alexander in Indiana St attire and I would not know the difference.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby hot nuts » March 3rd, 2023, 5:19 pm

Duke Dean never came back after taking a fall in the Bradley game, did he get hurt?
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby hot nuts » March 3rd, 2023, 5:21 pm

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Belmont/ISU is like watching Big XII football. The points never end.

What an entertaining game, got our money's worth in that one.
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby freddycat68 » March 3rd, 2023, 5:37 pm

Just watched the ESPN+ replay of the BU-UNI game. As a Bradley fan, I just want to say mad respect to UNI and Coach Jacobson. I do NOT want to see that team next year. In more than 30 years watching MVC basketball, I don't think I've seen a tougher group of frosh and sophs. BU was fortunate (no, not lucky as in officiating) to win this.

If Mast and Leons are back for BU and Wardle is back as coach, BU is the favorite next year, but don't sleep on UNI and Belmont. Some crazy young talent there. Cheers.
freddycat68
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BruinGrad » March 3rd, 2023, 5:46 pm

freddycat68 wrote:Just watched the ESPN+ replay of the BU-UNI game. As a Bradley fan, I just want to say mad respect to UNI and Coach Jacobson. I do NOT want to see that team next year. In more than 30 years watching MVC basketball, I don't think I've seen a tougher group of frosh and sophs. BU was fortunate (no, not lucky as in officiating) to win this.

If Mast and Leons are back for BU and Wardle is back as coach, BU is the favorite next year, but don't sleep on UNI and Belmont. Some crazy young talent there. Cheers.

I'm just hoping that UNI and Belmont can keep their young talent. I hope they don't bolt for bigger and better things. For the MVC to improve, we have to keep some of our good players.
BruinGrad
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby DUBulldog » March 3rd, 2023, 5:49 pm

BruinGrad wrote:
freddycat68 wrote:Just watched the ESPN+ replay of the BU-UNI game. As a Bradley fan, I just want to say mad respect to UNI and Coach Jacobson. I do NOT want to see that team next year. In more than 30 years watching MVC basketball, I don't think I've seen a tougher group of frosh and sophs. BU was fortunate (no, not lucky as in officiating) to win this.

I'm just hoping that UNI and Belmont can keep their young talent. I hope they don't bolt for bigger and better things. For the MVC to improve, we have to keep some of our good players.

Last season, the all-MVC teams were really young.....and most of them bolted for greener pastures. I'm hoping this off-season is different, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm hoping for a better retention rate than last off-season, but it would be naive not to expect big losses.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 3rd, 2023, 6:43 pm

Like Indiana State, this is the most Drake fans I’ve ever seen in STL.

Murray and Drake fans have made this game an awesome in-arena environment.

Arch Madness feels completely reenergized this year.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball