Enterprise Center Survey

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Enterprise Center Survey

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 8th, 2023, 12:23 am

Bulldog4life24 wrote:
Saluki 4 Life wrote:They need workers with some stones. Drake fans stood up in front of us the whole game Sunday in the SIU section. Drake fans didn't even have tickets for that area and ruined the game for many or made people move to worse seats. Total BS and those Drake fans are garbage too for not being more courteous.

Its the championship game. This has happened to me in previous years and you just find different seats. They didn't police any seats all weekend - how is that worth their time for a half full arena?

The best arena environments are when everyone’s engaged. People are amplifying energy when they’re standing and yelling. That makes the experience electric and memorable.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BuBrave2006 » March 8th, 2023, 8:35 am

Rollbird5 wrote:
DUBulldog wrote:
BuBrave2006 wrote:
I had a Drake fan attempt to throw a beer at me as I was leaving the arena on Sunday. Completely unprovoked. I was just walking up the stairs as the buzzer sounded.

I'm a little confused. He attempted to throw a beer? It would seem that he either threw a beer or didn't. How does one unsuccessfully attempt to throw a beer?

About 10 years ago, I had an (extremely intoxicated) Indiana State fan dump beer all over my wife and I after they beat Evansville. A few minutes later, he was arrested after punching out a Wichita State fan outside the arena (in full view of several cops)

Must of learned that pump fake from Barry Hinson's wife

Lol, attempted to hit* me with a beer. Thankfully I was able to avoid it. Poor wording on my part.
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUBulldog » March 8th, 2023, 11:37 am

BuBrave2006 wrote:
DUBulldog wrote:
BuBrave2006 wrote:
I had a Drake fan attempt to throw a beer at me as I was leaving the arena on Sunday. Completely unprovoked. I was just walking up the stairs as the buzzer sounded.

I'm a little confused. He attempted to throw a beer? It would seem that he either threw a beer or didn't. How does one unsuccessfully attempt to throw a beer?

About 10 years ago, I had an (extremely intoxicated) Indiana State fan dump beer all over my wife and I after they beat Evansville. A few minutes later, he was arrested after punching out a Wichita State fan outside the arena (in full view of several cops)

Lol, attempted to hit* me with a beer. Thankfully I was able to avoid it. Poor wording on my part.

lol, I kind of figured that's what you meant. With what they charge for beer down there, that seems like alcohol abuse.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby hot nuts » March 8th, 2023, 12:09 pm

I threw a few beers too. They all landed in my throat.
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SalukiWorld » March 8th, 2023, 4:04 pm

I was in the SIU section and had zero problem with Drake fans standing. There were plenty of seats open down low to move to away from the Drake fans
SalukiWorld
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Salukimadness86 » March 8th, 2023, 5:39 pm

Had all session tickets in the SIU section. For the championship game on Sunday, we had no problem moving to the next section over. No big deal. Like someone mentioned, the arena was half full, so you basically could sit anywhere you chose. Not quite sure why people wouldn't want to move to a different area if people were standing in front of them. Drake was playing for a bid, exciting time for their fans. They had a right to stand IMO. Hopefully SIU fans are standing next year for 3 consecutive wins!!!
Salukimadness86
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Dawgbit » March 9th, 2023, 5:25 pm

Same here. I was in third row in 105. Moved more to get away from two totally annoying SIU fans than the Drake kids. Met a couple of really fun Drake fans (in bars of course) they are my favorite opposition fans.
Dawgbit
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Fraydog » March 10th, 2023, 1:40 am

Dawgbit wrote:Same here. I was in third row in 105. Moved more to get away from two totally annoying SIU fans than the Drake kids. Met a couple of really fun Drake fans (in bars of course) they are my favorite opposition fans.

They’re my favorites too.

On another note, Enterprise is a really good building with the renovation. I hope the MVC stays there for a long time.
Fraydog
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball