Is Valpo keeping Lottich?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Is Valpo keeping Lottich?

Postby Kyle_Saluki_17 » April 5th, 2023, 6:47 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
E-Villan wrote:
Kyle_Saluki_17 wrote:
Todd Franklin did a heck of a job at Southeastern Illinois College before he went to Vincennes. His brother coached the women’s team and it was not uncommon for both men’s and women’s to be ranked top 10 at the same time. We used to go up and watch doubleheaders on Saturdays there when I was a kid. I’m surprised Franklin has never had a look at the D1 level, at least to my knowledge.

I am too. 26 year successful head coaching career should garner some looks. It could be a case like McCollum where it is going to take something pretty special to lure him away. It's not D-1 money, but I would imagine Franklin is making more than a comfortable wage by Vincennes, Indiana standards. Not that he is on cruise control, but I am certain he is at a point at Vincennes that his stress level is pretty low, certainly lower than attempting a D-1 rebuild. Vincennes also has a nice athletic facility.

As a guy who is familiar with both Lowery and Franklin, which of those would you take?

I'm not saying he couldn't get the job done at Valpo - he probably could.

But you are recruiting totally different kids to Vincennes than you are Valpo. A lot of ADs are turned off by JUCO coaches. Some legit reasons. Some probably not.

In an age where D1 schools have to build a new roster every year potentially, I’d say it makes more sense now than it used to. I understand your point though. It is a different group of kids you’re recruiting.
Kyle_Saluki_17
All MVC
All MVC

Re: Is Valpo keeping Lottich?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball