Another Expansion/Realignment Thread

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Another Expansion/Realignment Thread

Postby tribecalledquest » February 27th, 2024, 10:38 am

BEARZ77 wrote:Have a hard time thinking it's not just all rearranging of chairs on the Titanic.

Yes. The MAC is going to be FCS very soon.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby squirrel » February 27th, 2024, 10:47 am

Even after a B1G-SEC megaleague split, there will be a lot of realignment at the new lower level.

You will likely see the A-10 and Valley continue to shed their football schools.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby IllinoisState » February 27th, 2024, 11:21 am

BCPanther wrote:
racernation wrote:
TBS_20 wrote:MAC rumors are they want to add 3 more and Illinois State could be involved. Imagine losing ISUr, Belmont, and Missouri State.

If the MAC wants to expand, WKU and MTSU should be the first two phone calls.

I'd imagine WKU takes that last spot immediately. The MAC isn't taking an FCS callup because the CFP has said they aren't giving them extra shares for teams that aren't already in the G5. They'd be decreasing their own payments to take Illinois State.

The A10 is back to 14. I can't imagine they take another mouth to feed when they are probably in worse shape than we are going forward as far as getting extra bids.

I definitely don't want our basketball programs in the MAC and I don't want to move to the FBS especially before whatever big shake up at the FBS level occurs.
IllinoisState
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TBS_20 » February 27th, 2024, 11:42 am

Go up now and try to use the time to prove yourself and use it as a stepping stone to better your position for when the split occurs.
TBS_20
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby bluebird0306 » February 27th, 2024, 11:46 am

TBS give it up. Your act gets old on the ISU board too. Eventually the MAC is going to FCS, ISU wants no part of that and a much weaker basketball league.
bluebird0306
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby TBS_20 » February 27th, 2024, 11:50 am

bluebird0306 wrote:TBS give it up. Your act gets old on the ISU board too. Eventually the MAC is going to FCS, ISU wants no part of that and a much weaker basketball league.

Even though I'm more of a basketball fan I realize football is driving.
TBS_20
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby IllinoisState » February 27th, 2024, 11:53 am

TBS_20 wrote:Go up now and try to use the time to prove yourself and use it as a stepping stone to better your position for when the split occurs.

I can't get past how bad the MAC is at basketball. I don't care that football drives the ship. It doesn't have to at the FCS level and we are not going to a Power 4 football conference.

ISU is the 4th worst MVC (9th in the country) team in NET rankings. ISU would be the 3rd best MAC (24th in the country) team.
IllinoisState
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TBS_20 » February 27th, 2024, 12:11 pm

IllinoisState wrote:
TBS_20 wrote:Go up now and try to use the time to prove yourself and use it as a stepping stone to better your position for when the split occurs.

I can't get past how bad the MAC is at basketball. I don't care that football drives the ship. It doesn't have to at the FCS level and we are not going to a Power 4 football conference.

ISU is the 4th worst MVC (9th in the country) team in NET rankings. ISU would be the 3rd best MAC (24th in the country) team.

Yeah it sucks. But, sometimes you have to do things you dont like to put yourself in a better position.
TBS_20
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby TBS_20 » February 27th, 2024, 12:12 pm

And, hey. Maybe we can actually make it to the tournament. I dont think we should be worrying about that after 26 years without dancing.
TBS_20
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby IllinoisState » February 27th, 2024, 12:38 pm

TBS_20 wrote:And, hey. Maybe we can actually make it to the tournament. I dont think we should be worrying about that after 26 years without dancing.

Only managing to make the tournament by switching conferences so we can do this for a few years before our basketball team regresses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzdNMzvhNXY
IllinoisState
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball