Coaching Carousel

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Coaching Carousel

Postby RacerJoeD » March 23rd, 2023, 4:44 pm

SalukiWorld wrote:When was the last time the MVC didn't have any coaching changes in a single offseason?

Guess we have some time to find the answer now
RacerJoeD
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Buxcies » March 24th, 2023, 9:23 am

I don't know if the Drake is out of the woods just yet when it comes to keeping Devries. It seems like Texas isn't sold on Rodney Terry. It may take a National Championship for them to remove the interim tag? If Texas does hire someone from the outside there will be another set of dominoes that could end up including Devries.

I don't think it's completely unreasonable that Texas could make a run at Greg McDermott if Creighton makes a Final Four run.
Buxcies
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Bulldog4life24 » March 24th, 2023, 9:32 am

Mac isn't going to TX. He has it made in Omaha and TX fans are equally as batsh*t crazy as Hay Head High, with more money to boot. I can't imagine he'd want to deal with that at this stage in his career
Bulldog4life24
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby squirrel » March 24th, 2023, 9:33 am

Bulldog4life24 wrote:Mac isn't going to TX. He has it made in Omaha and TX fans are equally as batsh*t crazy as Hay Head High, with more money to boot. I can't imagine he'd want to deal with that at this stage in his career

He's a pitbull. I doubt he's scared of anything.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BCPanther » March 24th, 2023, 9:53 am

Bulldog4life24 wrote:Mac isn't going to TX. He has it made in Omaha and TX fans are equally as batsh*t crazy as Hay Head High, with more money to boot. I can't imagine he'd want to deal with that at this stage in his career

Yeah, I don't think Mac is a fit there at all. He's almost 60 and his entire coaching career has been in the Midwest, I don't think going to the SEC fits who he is at all. I could see him kicking the tires on Ohio State again if it comes open next year. I know he hates the new AD at Creighton and if it gets too bad I could simply see him walking away too.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Bulldog4life24 » March 24th, 2023, 10:28 am

BCPanther wrote:

Yeah, I don't think Mac is a fit there at all. He's almost 60 and his entire coaching career has been in the Midwest, I don't think going to the SEC fits who he is at all. I could see him kicking the tires on Ohio State again if it comes open next year. I know he hates the new AD at Creighton and if it gets too bad I could simply see him walking away too.

This. He has said publicly in the past 12-18 months he wants Creighton to be the place he retires from. OSU would make sense if that relationship continues to deteriorate for OSU and MAC/Creighton leadership and he has some gas left in the tank.
Bulldog4life24
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby RacerJoeD » March 24th, 2023, 10:40 am

Storytime-

Back a few years ago, Murray fans thought they had dodged the coaching carousel after a particularly good season. Everything was winding down and things were pretty settled. Then Maryland's coach retired. No big deal, no connections, east coast job. Then Maryland hired Texas A&M's coach which set off alarm bells. We ended up losing our coach to the Aggies late in the carousel.

Moral of the story is that sometimes the we are all focused on a losing a coach at the first domino, when sometimes is the second one that is coming for us. Something to keep in mind.
RacerJoeD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ColonialBulldog » March 24th, 2023, 10:47 am

I'm sure we can come up with more chain of events that lead to Darian moving on from Drake. Honestly we've barely even tried at this point. Let's start getting creative folks!
ColonialBulldog
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 24th, 2023, 11:00 am

ColonialBulldog wrote:I'm sure we can come up with more chain of events that lead to Darian moving on from Drake. Honestly we've barely even tried at this point. Let's start getting creative folks!

MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Bulldog4life24 » March 24th, 2023, 11:01 am

:roll:
Bulldog4life24
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball