Coaching Carousel

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Coaching Carousel

Postby DUBulldog » March 21st, 2023, 5:06 pm

Bulldog4life24 wrote:So seriously, how many burner accounts does Chris Lowery have on this board?

I swear some of you SIU fans have such a crush on him.

Just one SIU fan
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Kyle_Saluki_17 » March 21st, 2023, 7:41 pm

DUBulldog wrote:
Bulldog4life24 wrote:So seriously, how many burner accounts does Chris Lowery have on this board?

I swear some of you SIU fans have such a crush on him.

Just one SIU fan

“fan”
Kyle_Saluki_17
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Drakey » March 21st, 2023, 7:53 pm

dean_siu wrote:Drake would be better off if Devries left this year, as Chris Lowery is available for a head coaching position. If the school can put together about $1.2 million a year, I bet he'd be willing to come back to the Valley, repeat some of the success he generated at Northwestern this year, and create some March Madness success for the MVC in coming seasons.

Not for 1.2 million. Not for $12,000. Not for $12.00.
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aargh » March 22nd, 2023, 12:46 am

Reports are that the negotiations between WSU and DeVries broke down. Speculations is that they broke down because the ND/Creighton situation allowed DeVries to dictate terms of the negotiations.

There was reported mutual interest between Kellen Sampson and WSU. Kellen is Kelvin Sampson's son and the "coach-in waiting" at Houston. Later reports indicate Kelvin may be retiring sooner than expected and his son was a risky hire because he could be a short-term hire.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » March 22nd, 2023, 3:54 pm

Shrewsberry took Notre Dam.

The window for DeVries to leave isn't open any more than a crack now.

Great for the league. We need to hold on to as many successful coaches and good players as we can.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » March 22nd, 2023, 6:52 pm

Yeah , the guy I mentioned that had said Devries was leaving, just posted that he [Devries] had told a kid this guy knows who is entering the portal, that he [Devries] was staying. I think this guy was going on the supposition Devries was taking either the WSU or Creighton jobs. But anyway, sounds like Drake might have a transfer signing coming as well, lol. Glad Devries is staying though; we're better coaching league wise with some of the recent additions than we've been, but gotta keep the good ones.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » March 22nd, 2023, 7:33 pm

BCPanther wrote:Shrewsberry took Notre Dam.

The window for DeVries to leave isn't open any more than a crack now.

Great for the league. We need to hold on to as many successful coaches and good players as we can.

Absolutely. The league was as bad as it had ever been this past season.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUBulldog » March 22nd, 2023, 8:20 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:. But anyway, sounds like Drake might have a transfer signing coming as well, lol.

I'll be surprised if Drake doesn't sign at least 3-4 transers.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SalukiWorld » March 23rd, 2023, 10:28 am

When was the last time the MVC didn't have any coaching changes in a single offseason?
SalukiWorld
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ColonialBulldog » March 23rd, 2023, 12:19 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:Yeah , the guy I mentioned that had said Devries was leaving, just posted that he [Devries] had told a kid this guy knows who is entering the portal, that he [Devries] was staying. I think this guy was going on the supposition Devries was taking either the WSU or Creighton jobs. But anyway, sounds like Drake might have a transfer signing coming as well, lol. Glad Devries is staying though; we're better coaching league wise with some of the recent additions than we've been, but gotta keep the good ones.

Can you find out if this is a kid that Drake fans would be excited about possibly coming to Des Moines? :D
ColonialBulldog
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball