PJStar Board ending

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: PJStar Board ending

Postby squirrel » March 22nd, 2023, 12:41 pm

DUBulldog wrote:
Fetz86 wrote:The main antagonist has been gone for a while now though, so a lot of the bickering and personal attacks have ended. I miss the windy one, but not the drama.

I wonder if there was a falling out between tornado and DaCoach. Tornado hasn't been on Bradleyfans for over 2 years, but he's still active on social media.

Tornado still has the keys to the kingdom. I think they get along fine, but Da Coach had to do something to intervene. He probably just lurks using one of the umpteen moderator accounts.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby SalukiBand » March 22nd, 2023, 3:33 pm

squirrel wrote:
DUBulldog wrote:
Fetz86 wrote:The main antagonist has been gone for a while now though, so a lot of the bickering and personal attacks have ended. I miss the windy one, but not the drama.

I wonder if there was a falling out between tornado and DaCoach. Tornado hasn't been on Bradleyfans for over 2 years, but he's still active on social media.

Tornado still has the keys to the kingdom. I think they get along fine, but Da Coach had to do something to intervene. He probably just lurks using one of the umpteen moderator accounts.

Tornado is real piece of work.

Aren't Tornado and Da Coach brothers?
SalukiBand
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 22nd, 2023, 3:49 pm

Yes. Da Coach is the reasonable, intelligent one. Excellent poster.

tornado is the one who prunes McLean County records to expose ISU MBB speeding tickets and is said to show others his game used Bradley shorts underneath his pants.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Grizz » March 22nd, 2023, 4:25 pm

Too bad the new board's already up and running...was hoping we would just use the r/bradleybraves subreddit or create a new Bradley MBB-specific one. I think Reddit's a far superior platform to phpBB, vBulletin, Tapatalk, etc.
Grizz
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby BUFanatic » March 22nd, 2023, 11:05 pm

Grizz wrote:Too bad the new board's already up and running...was hoping we would just use the r/bradleybraves subreddit or create a new Bradley MBB-specific one. I think Reddit's a far superior platform to phpBB, vBulletin, Tapatalk, etc.

Was introduced to Reddit with r/CFB. Agree 100%. Reddit has its toxic areas but the sports subs seem well run and much more mobile friendly even if you don’t have the app.
BUFanatic
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby SalukiBand » March 23rd, 2023, 8:03 am

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Yes. Da Coach is the reasonable, intelligent one. Excellent poster.

tornado is the one who prunes McLean County records to expose ISU MBB speeding tickets and is said to show others his game used Bradley shorts underneath his pants.

He did the same thing with Jackson County, checking on SIU kids. One time, he did find a couple of knuckleheads who did something stupid and blew it way out of proportion.
SalukiBand
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby bradley_townie » March 23rd, 2023, 10:04 am

BUFanatic wrote:
Grizz wrote:Too bad the new board's already up and running...was hoping we would just use the r/bradleybraves subreddit or create a new Bradley MBB-specific one. I think Reddit's a far superior platform to phpBB, vBulletin, Tapatalk, etc.

Was introduced to Reddit with r/CFB. Agree 100%. Reddit has its toxic areas but the sports subs seem well run and much more mobile friendly even if you don’t have the app.

Agreed that reddit would be ideal. It's mobile functionality alone is light years ahead of clunkier boards like this one and the phpBB that PJStar boards were using. Oh well, Tapatalk seems serviceable for now.
bradley_townie
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby FunchessonPopcorn » March 23rd, 2023, 8:36 pm

squirrel wrote:
ValleyFAN wrote:
squirrel wrote:The pjstarforums message boards are being sunsetted by the paper effective May 31.

We are in the process of migrating to https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/bradleyhoopsforum/

As an outsider can somebody tell me why Bradley has multiple forums? I always check the Bradleyfans.com forum and didn't know that there was another board elsewhere.

The first, most widespread college sports message board was started by the PJStar (c. 1996-97). (There was a listserv that pre-dated that that provided the core of initial message board users). But it was a pretty big tent. It wasn't just Bradley fans, we had pretty good representation from across the Valley (including a few that still post here and on their respective home boards), along with a huge Illini user base and scattered other in-states.

The owner-operators of Bradley Fans went all in on the Jim Les era. They were privy to some good inside information, and given the volume of Illinois fans on the PJStar boards, many didn't like the outside fan opinion on some of those discussions, so having a dedicated Bradley board was a welcome opportunity.

But over time and as things went south for Jimmy, the overzealous owners of that site alienated themselves from most of their core users and many ended up migrating back to the PJStar boards.

There's much more to the story than that, but that's the crux of it.

That’s an accurate account, though exceptionally gracious and fair to Bradley Fans.

Some of those details behind “went all in on the Jim Les era” are an outrageous combination of funny and frightening. Tornado had a litany of sockpuppet accounts that were not terribly well concealed. You’d see some written language commonalities pop up, among other clues that made it obvious over time.

As the Les era neared its end, there was an infamous poll to rate how Jim Les was doing. The turnout was tremendous, and the opinion was overwhelmingly positive. Then folks looked into a little more and, what would you know, all the screen names starting with A and B were voting and they were all giving Les and A and B too! Including many otherwise dormant ID’s, as well as a poster from the PJStar board named BAM, who was an Illini fan and frequent Jim Les critic on the board.

That’s what all in for Jim Les looked like!
FunchessonPopcorn
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby squirrel » March 24th, 2023, 8:24 am

bradley_townie wrote:
BUFanatic wrote:

Agreed that reddit would be ideal. It's mobile functionality alone is light years ahead of clunkier boards like this one and the phpBB that PJStar boards were using. Oh well, Tapatalk seems serviceable for now.

Plenty of room for both.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball