PJStar Board ending

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

PJStar Board ending

Postby squirrel » March 22nd, 2023, 9:45 am

The pjstarforums message boards are being sunsetted by the paper effective March 31.

We are in the process of migrating to https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/bradleyhoopsforum/
Last edited by squirrel on March 22nd, 2023, 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

PJStar Board ending

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: PJStar Board ending

Postby ValleyFAN » March 22nd, 2023, 10:12 am

squirrel wrote:The pjstarforums message boards are being sunsetted by the paper effective May 31.

We are in the process of migrating to https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/bradleyhoopsforum/

As an outsider can somebody tell me why Bradley has multiple forums? I always check the Bradleyfans.com forum and didn't know that there was another board elsewhere.
ValleyFAN
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby squirrel » March 22nd, 2023, 10:29 am

ValleyFAN wrote:
squirrel wrote:The pjstarforums message boards are being sunsetted by the paper effective May 31.

As an outsider can somebody tell me why Bradley has multiple forums? I always check the Bradleyfans.com forum and didn't know that there was another board elsewhere.

The first, most widespread college sports message board was started by the PJStar (c. 1996-97). (There was a listserv that pre-dated that that provided the core of initial message board users). But it was a pretty big tent. It wasn't just Bradley fans, we had pretty good representation from across the Valley (including a few that still post here and on their respective home boards), along with a huge Illini user base and scattered other in-states.

The owner-operators of Bradley Fans went all in on the Jim Les era. They were privy to some good inside information, and given the volume of Illinois fans on the PJStar boards, many didn't like the outside fan opinion on some of those discussions, so having a dedicated Bradley board was a welcome opportunity.

But over time and as things went south for Jimmy, the overzealous owners of that site alienated themselves from most of their core users and many ended up migrating back to the PJStar boards.

There's much more to the story than that, but that's the crux of it.
Last edited by squirrel on March 22nd, 2023, 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby squirrel » March 22nd, 2023, 10:31 am

And if you were only following BFF - you really have a very very narrow lens of the fan base.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SalukiBand » March 22nd, 2023, 10:49 am

squirrel wrote:And if you were only following BFF - you really have a very very narrow lens of the fan base.

That's an understatement!!!

I remember when the owners of that board came on this board to say how great their board was. Let's just say it wasn't pretty. :D
SalukiBand
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Kyle_Saluki_17 » March 22nd, 2023, 11:03 am

I also thought that Bradley Fans was the only board. I’ve always thought that “TheCoach” that ran that board was really one of the more knowledgeable fans in the league, but I feel like 50%+ of the posts on that board were from him. Shows a lack of contributing members more than anything. But if there is more than one, I suppose that makes sense.
Kyle_Saluki_17
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Fetz86 » March 22nd, 2023, 11:07 am

The main antagonist has been gone for a while now though, so a lot of the bickering and personal attacks have ended. I miss the windy one, but not the drama.
Fetz86
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby squirrel » March 22nd, 2023, 11:10 am

The link to the board that is going away

http://pjstarforums.com/viewforum.php?f=63
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUBulldog » March 22nd, 2023, 12:31 pm

Fetz86 wrote:The main antagonist has been gone for a while now though, so a lot of the bickering and personal attacks have ended. I miss the windy one, but not the drama.

I wonder if there was a falling out between tornado and DaCoach. Tornado hasn't been on Bradleyfans for over 2 years, but he's still active on social media.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby E-Villan » March 22nd, 2023, 12:40 pm

squirrel wrote:The link to the board that is going away

http://pjstarforums.com/viewforum.php?f=63

Thanks. I made the change under the links on our board.

That PJStar one has always been the one I have gone to for Bradley info first. Nothing really against the other one, just as one of the old guys doing this since the 90's, that was the one you went to.

That or the Valley one that was either on Prodigy or AOL. Now I am really dating myself. Better get off of here and go yell at the kids waking in the yard.
E-Villan
MVC starter
MVC starter

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball