2023-24 Sarters?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 2023-24 Sarters?

Postby tribecalledquest » October 23rd, 2023, 8:05 am

bcg wrote:Everybody says they have depth in September/October.

Right.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BuBrave2006 » October 23rd, 2023, 3:13 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
hot nuts wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:I sometimes think "depth" is one of the most overrated things in sports. What it often means is a team has a bunch of average guys who are all the same.

I assume you're suggesting that Bradley doesn't have much depth?

I’m not suggesting that at all.

After the Red White game many fans are touting the depth and how BU could go 12 deep. I doubt it. While there are expectations you need probably three dudes who are clearly better than everyone else and they get 33-35 minutes a game. Not that many minutes to go around after that.

I don't think anyone is quite saying we will go 12 deep. That would mean that Goanar or Linke gets minutes. I don't see that happening. I think Bradley starts the year with the other 11. Probably Pettigrew and Thomas are at the bottom of that. They will get minutes and opportunity because of the talent that they have and to see how they can make the most of that as Wardle messes with lineups and rotations but that will all likely vary game to game. I think by the time we get to conference play Bradley will solidly be down to an 8-9 man rotation like most teams always do headlined by Deen, Hickman, Leons and Hannah with 3-5 other contributors who prove themselves best to Wardle over the next month or two.
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball