Official 2023-24 MVCfans.com Prediction - 8th Place

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Who will finish in 8th place during the 2023-24 MVC mens basketball season?

Poll ended at October 22nd, 2023, 5:25 am

Belmont
No votes
Bradley
3%
Drake
3%
Illinois St
54%
Indiana St
3%
Missouri St
No votes
Murray State
28%
UNI
10%

Total votes : 39

Re: Official 2023-24 MVCfans.com Prediction - 8th Place

Postby BEARZ77 » October 20th, 2023, 9:38 am

Birdfan2018 wrote:
MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Belmont must be the most liked school by MVC fans as they are the only team yet to receive a vote in any poll.

Who is replacing Sheppard and Brauns?

No one else has a Sheppard either, but Braun's was a system guy. Belmont signed 6'9 Malik Dia from Vandy and 3 other 6'9 frosh, the best of which is Scharnowski from Illinois. They may not have Sheppard but Tyson is possibly most talented in MVC, and I thought Gillespie was most physically gifted freshman guard in Valley last year. They added a 6'5 D-2 grad transfer who was an all league and averaged 16 ppg to help on the perimeter. They remind me of UNI with better size and athleticism.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BCPanther » October 20th, 2023, 9:44 am

BEARZ77 wrote:
Birdfan2018 wrote:
MissouriValleyUnite wrote:Belmont must be the most liked school by MVC fans as they are the only team yet to receive a vote in any poll.

Who is replacing Sheppard and Brauns?

No one else has a Sheppard either, but Braun's was a system guy. Belmont signed 6'9 Malik Dia from Vandy and 3 other 6'9 frosh, the best of which is Scharnowski from Illinois. They may not have Sheppard but Tyson is possibly most talented in MVC, and I thought Gillespie was most physically gifted freshman guard in Valley last year. They added a 6'5 D-2 grad transfer who was an all league and averaged 16 ppg to help on the perimeter. They remind me of UNI with better size and athleticism.

Wait, you're telling me it's easier to recruit to Nashville than Cedar Falls. Unpossilbe.

:D :D :D
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball